Recover ZBT WE3926-5G

I have a semi-bricked ZBT WE3926-5G. It was running an OpenWRT build of some kind. I don't know the version, or where it came from.

Here are my questions:

• I don't see it in the list of supported devices. Is it?
  • If supported, which is the correct image to choose?
  • It's currently stuck trying to boot an incompatible image. Are there instructions to recover from this somewhere?

Thanks!

No.

There is none so far.

It looks like I was wrong about it being bricked. I just didn't give it enough time to update itself.

I used this image: openwrt-19.07.1-ramips-mt7620-we1026-5g-16m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

I saw a web page somewhere on line that suggested that the WE1026 and WE3926 were the same. Does anyone know if that is true? ...that the WE1026 and WE3926 are the same?

The original WE3926 was the same as the WE826. Which is the same as the original WE1026.

The WE1026-5G can run the WE826 firmware but is missing the 5G Wifi.

So you can assume the WE3926-5G can run the WE1026-5G firmware without issue.

ZBT recycles a number of these routers with different model numbers and different packaging but the same internals.

1 Like

Excellent.

Here is a super newbie question. (This is my first day messing with OpenWrt.) Should I expect OpenWrt to set up a WAN interface automatically on this router? Or is that something that I have to set up manually?