I'm trying to find some new network equipment - switch and AP.
the requirement for the switch:
- 8x 1 Gigabit ports.
- VLAN support (4 should be more than enough, mixed access/tagged on a port is a benefit).
- POE (not sure how many but for now I need 1 for the future AP). should be 802.3at (unless you think 802.3af is more than enough).
- managed switch.
- all traffic should be offloaded by the switch chip.
- Jumbo frame support.
for the AP:
- both 5Ghz (at least 866mbit) and 2.4Ghz (at least 300mbit). BTW, if the maximum speed/streams are higher, does lower capacity devices gain from it? (more 5Ghz 433mbit devices can be connected without sharing bandwidth?)
- VLAN support (and choose SSID to VLAN)
- POE (unless you suggest external POE injector)
- 1 Gigabit port is enough
- control transmit power
- not sure how is internal antennas compares to external ones. is it enough powerful?
I want to put the AP in a spot where there isn't any outlet so I have to use some POE solution.
For now what I found is TP-LINK SG108PE v3 (there are netgear switches similar to it but not how better they are if at all) for switch and TP-LINK EAP225 (and also Ubiquity UAP-AC-LITE/LR but they cost, is it really worth it?), but not sure good they are. I believe the built-in firmware in both of the is enough but I'll be happy also to get other equipment which support OpenWrt as long as the equipment is more powerful.
Will be happy for some advices.
Thanks in advance!