Raspberry Pi 4 released

Annoyingly, ImageBuilder won't work if you only have AMD64 computer to build with. I have to compile from source which is sooo slow.

That is incorrect, imagebuilder is only provided for amd64/ x86_64 linux, so exactly this is the only combination that can actually use it. (Technically speaking imagebuilder could be built for other architectures and POSIX compatible environments as well, but it's only available in precompiled form for x86_64).

3 Likes

I'm trying to figure out how to get OpenWrt onto my Pi 4. Is it just something I just need to compile for myself or something?

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/bcm27xx/bcm2711/

the community build it's an easier starting point, snapshot you must install luci and extra packages..

1 Like

I'm using wulfy23's build, as there is no stable release yet. still work in progress...

2 Likes

Just installed daily snapshot. Added an itec USB nic and put as WAN. Installed addons like collectd, wireguard and openvpn. Setup guest vlan for wifi and configured pbr. Added the optimizations in this thread. Overclocked to 1750 at overvolt 2. Got around 700 Mbits worth of WG. Added the irqbalance and BOOM!!!

The little fricking thing at 5 watts routed 1 gbit of wireguard traffic in on wan and unpacked it and on via portforward to the requesting server on lan. Thats so impressive I need to sit down. I wonder what I may do with the old octa-core xeon now....

This performance is all due to the fine works of you ppl here on openwrt....pfsense, vyatta, windows nothing comes close! BIG thanks to you guys, keep up the good work!!!!

1 Like

I am also about to replace pfSense with OpenWRT on Raspberry Pi 4B. I’ve tested WireGuard and got about 850 Mbps. What optimizations did you implement to route at 1Gbps via WireGuard? Could you summarize them in one post?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.