Raspberry Pi 4 released

I do a custom build for me but I have no where to put it.
It is easy to do your own with imagebuilder.

mkdir 2020-xx-xx
cd 2020-xx-xx

wget https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/bcm27xx/bcm2711/openwrt-imagebuilder-bcm27xx-bcm2711.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz

tar -xf openwrt-imagebuilder-bcm27xx-bcm2711.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz

cd openwrt-imagebuilder-bcm27xx-bcm2711.Linux-x86_64/

mkdir -p files/etc/config
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/system files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/network files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/dhcp files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/wireless files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/firewall files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/nlbwmon files/etc/config/
scp root@192.168.1.2:/etc/config/nut files/etc/config/

scp -r root@192.168.1.2:/etc/nut files/etc/
scp -r root@192.168.1.2:/etc/wireguard files/etc/
scp -r root@192.168.1.2:/etc/nut files/etc/

mkdir -p files/usr/share/nlbwmon
echo > files/usr/share/nlbwmon/protocols

mkdir -p files/etc/dropbear
cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub > files/etc/dropbear/authorized_keys
chmod go-w files/etc/dropbear/authorized_keys

mkdir -p files/root/nlbw

# DO THE FOLLOWING TWICE

ssh root@192.168.1.2 'nlbw -c commit'

scp -rp root@192.168.1.2:/root/nlbw/ files/root/

make image PROFILE=rpi-4 PACKAGES="kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 kmod-mt76 kmod-mt76x2u kmod-mt76x02-usb kmod-mt76x2 kmod-mt76-usb kmod-mt76x2-common kmod-mt76x2u luci usbutils wireless-tools pciutils luci-app-nlbwmon sqlite3-cli bcm27xx-userland openssl-util htop wireguard wireguard-tools kmod-wireguard luci-app-wireguard nut-upsc nut-server nut-driver-usbhid-ups nut-upsmon luci-app-nut vpn-policy-routing luci-app-vpn-policy-routing python3 -cypress-firmware-43455-sdio -cypress-firmware-43455-sdio-rpi-4b -brcmfmac-firmware-usb -kmod-brcmfmac -kmod-brcmutil" FILES=files/
2 Likes

sysupgrade -k -b my-openwrt-backup.tar.gz command will create all those /etc/ files you have automatically, and you will not need to copy one by one. Check my advice here you mind find it useful to script and automate the whole process.

What problem do you have?
I have the same one and it works perfectly.

1 Like

Ive got luci-app-statistics installed but I don't get any info on the pi's running temps... Do I need to install something else too??

This is my config section in /etc/config/luci_statistics:

config statistics 'collectd_thermal'
	option IgnoreSelected '0'
	option enable '1'

You must have installed collectd-mod-thermal.

Then you get this nice picture:

1 Like

@Barney, @trendy,

Thanks for the tip, this case makes a big difference:

Compare it with my previous graph Raspberry Pi 4 released

What a difference!

1 Like

very nice indeed!

What case are you using?

Regarding keeping the 4 cool in demanding situations. I use a Raspberry pi 4 on another project and we needed to overclock and push it very hard in long periods so we picked up one of these https://www.amazon.com/seeed-studio-Cooling-Raspberry-Support/dp/B07V7SS5BZ and it have proved to be very effective. You prob. not need to connect/install the fan, it is a little noisy and corny anyway.

The ice tower cooler is great, they do a good low profile one as well... But yes the fan is cheap and nasty, nothing a noctua 40mm won't fix.

Yes, I picked up a Noctua 5v fan also :slight_smile: If people want to use the on board radio the cooler tower does not block the signal as the those large alu. cases mention above. If you do not plan on using it, they are also great.

I am looking for thoses type of case but Inwould like to be able to put a dac in

Hello all ! Im New on openwrt for 2month on rpi4 . But i have some Big error on the New update of firmware :. When i flash with balena ( removed partition before on sdcard ) . I get the same config when i boot ????
Same drivers installed , same openvpn config .....
And no acces in ssh .

What ? Im trying now a full erase of m'y sdcard on debian its for 30min , and i retrying to flash with balena ...

You have this problème with the New release or its only me ?

Thanks

The sd card is not properly wiped and the data are still there.

How are you erasing the sd card?

Hello trendy thanks for u fast reply !

Yes but balena etcher wipe the sdcard thast right ? Im pulling the sdcard and launch balena etcher .

I tested soft format thats good all files are removed , and balena but same bug i have same config .

Nos im trying a hard format ... :sob:

Or what its u solution for making sdcard working and wipped , im in debian

I am not sure.

After you write the image and mount the partition, do you see the old files or the new?
You can use DD to fill the SD with random bits on the whole surface and then write again the image.

After a hard format its good im now on the New version , but hard format need 30min ... Belena dont format sdcard u still get same files :frowning:

balena etcher doesn't format the sd-card.

you can use win32diskimager for windows or dd tool in linux.

Thanks you all