Quectel EC25xxxx, not found by OpenWrt

I have a router with LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT 17.01 20.0622_095807, which is installed 2 Quectel EC25xxx 4G modems via Mini Pcie port. Except that there is another port that I put a new Quectel EC25xxx modem that it does not recognize. I have already used the command dmesg and this modem on that port does not appear, I would like to know how to activate it with the other port, remembering that the driver already exists on the equipment that is pointed to in '/ usr / sbin / quectel_ec2x_ep06'.

The mini-PCIe slot needs to be wired for a modem. This means a USB bus is connected to it (LTE modems communicate with the CPU via USB, not PCIe), and a SIM card socket is also connected so the modem has access to the SIM card.

Mini-PCIe sockets intended for WiFi adapters, etc. usually do not have these connections, and a modem will not work in them.

1 Like

Make sure your modem is powered on. Start from checking with cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio while on the OEM firmware - you may have slot power controlled by GPIO.
As already mentioned by @mk24, there is a probability that USB lines are not wired to the particular slot. So, if you have 2 slots then only one may have all the lines you need. Just a guess.

If I connect another Quectel Modem to the free port, it does not recognize

I have another modem, but it doesn't recognize

as previously stated,

do you know the mPCIe slot if wired for USB communication ?

[quote="frollic, post:8, topic:93971, full:true"]
as previously stated,

do you know the mPCIe slot if wired for USB communication ?
[/quote]

I don't know, I'm not good at linux and installing cards, I need help. There were 2 cards already installed, I need to install the third, in the photo it shows the DMESG command, as I understand it, the 02 factory, work, but the third that I added, does not appear.

Install usbutils, run lsusb to see if there are three cards on the USB bus.

If not you'll have to investigate the hardware. The USB bus is pins 36 and 38, confirm that there are traces leading from the pins.

Of course having USB access only starts up the modem, a LTE modem also needs a SIM card connected to its slot to be able to connect to any network.

It would be very unusual to find any board wired for three modems (USB and SIM card on every slot) as that is not something that typical users would do. You will probably need to build something up from an external USB hub and USB to mini pcie modem adapters.

https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/buses/pci-express-card-and-pci-express-mini-card/
(The first pin number table on that page is for a desktop card; scroll down to the mini card.)

It's not a Linux question, it's initially a hw issue.

Try moving the new card to one of the other slots.
if it's detected there, your 3rd slot isn't wired for USB.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with Linux. It's a hardware thing. There is no USB bus connected to the third mini-PCIe slot. It's meant for WiFi modules

2 Likes

I appreciate everyone's help, I know they want to help me, there are more photos to see if they can understand me, I just want to add the photo modem with the SIM card, I have everything, I just need to help me add this other Modem (from photo) and SIM Card

I just want to add the photo modem with the SIM card, I have everything, I just need to help me add this other Modem (from photo) and SIM Card