Quectel E25/GL-MIFI

Hi All

I recently got a GL-MIFI router and it has the 4g Quectel card in it. Everything works ok on it but i've upgraded it to the current 18.06.06 release and im not having much luck with 4g.

Works ok if I treat it like a 3g interface (ppp, etc), but I was trying to get it working with the qmi interface it has and im just getting nowhere with it and wondering if anyone has any experience. Basically no matter what I do i end up with this state:

root@OpenWrt:~# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status
"Incompatible state"

i've read through this:

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/wwan/ltedongle

and done alot of googling to no avail so far. Just using the luci qmi app didnt work either.

Other interesting thing is when I set an apn I just get "no effect"

root@OpenWrt:~# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --start-network --apn myapn --autoconnect 
"No effect"

Any help would be fantastic or does this particular qmi modem just not work with linux perhaps?

Edit: should add, i've tried it with 18.06.06, the "clean" openwrt build (18.06.01) from gl-inet, 19.07 and current snapshot

Did you get the modem to work?
I have a ZBT-WE826 with a Quectel EC-25 modem in it.
For me QMI seems to be "kind of working"... meaning that the modem connects successfully but if for any reasons the 4g provider disconnects me (for example because if inactivity timeout), the modem does not reconnect automatically.
I could not figure out why is not reconnecting, and sending a keep-alive consumes way too much data for nothing (with an Indian provider, the connection drops after 10 seconds of inactivity).
In my case I have tested both with custom build based on 18.06 and 19.07 (same results with both).

F.

use this firmware