Qualcommax NSS Build

thank you,
but i think i dont undestrand something.
when I switch the Qualcomm Atheros IPQ8074 802.11ac/ax/n interface to 160 mhz (it's the only interface propose 160mhz) the devices no longer connect to it... and on the other interfaces the speed is very low.

I think I'm missing something...

Set the country code to US.

thanks for your build. it works great without oom. but devices get reconnecting every few minutes. yes, all wireless devices.

my router is ax3600

Country code is set US

Having torrent issues with it (as soon as a torrent client is started lan becomes unusable, can't even access luci and pppoe goes down and up like crazy).
Tried to set pbuf off as per @qosmio post but that didn't work.
Trying now to set the pbuf to 512mb and see if that fixes it like someone mentioned.
This is on ax3600

Hi @markuznw

In principle I have left that variable at "auto" for new installations from 0, if it is updated through sysupgrade I believe that the content of the file is not changed.

Link: https://github.com/AgustinLorenzo/openwrt/commit/8f40d1b793984205e1074aaac84cbc562aea4d27#diff-5a640d321c9c6515d3f21e183c3baf3c845ae45ecff7fb8ff0b827b195e8e21fR3

Regards, Agustin

Yes it was set to auto, but like said torrent makes it explode

This makes no difference as the script, when set to auto, will simply select a memory profile according to your board, and since you have an AX3600, the 512MB profile will be selected.

This is my current memory usage with the script enabled for the ax3600:

1 Like

ok, who in here is capable of reviewing a dts that doesnt seem to work, for another device, it builds fine but refuses to boot.

i have both the original qsdk dts and the derivitive we created for openwrt.

anyone... :slight_smile: ???

You may be interested in these latest novelties about AQR 10G firmware for QNAP (enable using kernel for AQR firmware loading and using stock AQR 10G firmware extracted from stock QNAP firmware).

Edit - Big WARNING here (a bug!). Currently using the QNAP stock 10G firmware with NSS wifi brakes the 10G_1 port connection. Cannot get/lease IP address. See below.

I've tried all options - auto, 1gb, 512mb, 256mb without setting custom values in the script.
I didn't test these extensively. Most noticeable difference I saw was between 1gb/Auto and 512 mb profiles. Short testing showed around 100mb more free memory with 512mb profile.
Currently I test with 256mb profile. I don't see difference in memory usage compared to 512mb profile.

2 Likes

Have you experimented with it off?

If you had it set to "auto" the default it selected for AX3600 was "512mb". Test with "256mb", and "off".

As mentioned before, these values require a reboot, as the "extra pbufs" setting is a static value once set.

Are you accessing Luci prior to WAN getting an IP? I've experienced this behavior whenever WAN hasn't fully come up. Others have experienced something similar, but it's still anecdotal as to what exactly causes this.

Yes, tried with it off then reboot, used the exact commands you gave on some posts above this suggesting to disable pbuf cause of it being unstable yet. That didn't work.
So I've set it manually to 512mb and removed igmpproxy that was included in @AgustinLorenzo build and that seems to have fixed it, after a second reboot no more issues. Don't know which was the fix cause had to go work, will test it better tonight :slight_smile:

About luci issue it was kinda unresponsive even after closing torrent client, it took 10 seconds to load the homepage, it was missing the menu. This was triggered by just opening torrent few seconds causing pppoe/luci/lan issues with connection going and coming back every one/two minutes. I see many people reported it as "torrent issue" days/weeks ago. A reboot fixed it.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about that.

UPDATE: Pushed a new NSS SQM script that utilizes NSS clients igs module (act_nssmirred) for ingress shaping. This removes the dependency on nss-ifb. Thanks to @michaelchen644 for providing the working base.

My current SQM config

config queue 'wan'
	option interface 'wan'
	option linklayer 'none'
	option qdisc_advanced '1'
	option squash_dscp '0'
	option squash_ingress '1'
	option ingress_ecn 'ECN'
	option egress_ecn 'ECN'
	option qdisc 'fq_codel'
	option verbosity '5'
	option script 'nss-zk.qos'
	option debug_logging '1'
	option enabled '1'
	option qdisc_really_really_advanced '1'
	option iqdisc_opts 'interval 25ms quantum 304'
	option eqdisc_opts 'interval 25ms quantum 304'
	option upload '969220'
	option download '969220'
	option itarget '2.5ms'
	option etarget '2.5ms'

Of course needs heavy testing. Update with your ISP's speeds and report any issues.

You can ignore the following errors in syslog/dmesg:

Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.009834] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0
Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.009909] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0
Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.019148] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0
Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.028897] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0
Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.038707] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0
Mon Feb 26 18:16:33 2024 kern.warn kernel: [273142.048791] nss_qdisc_stats_qdisc_detach[681]: Error, stats wq should be initialized by now for root qdisc:0

EDIT: Fixed above warnings

5 Likes

At what speeds does this become useful? On my 170/70 plan I don't get any buffer bloat and at higher speeds the consensus is that SQM Performance won't be able to keep up.

@qosmio I think the pbuf script is causing a memory leak. When I reboot my router and connect all my 11 devices memory on my ax3600 sits at about 55ish% after an hour its at 70% and after a day at 80% (rough values)

Updated my Builds to set this configuration by default.

I recommend using PA or RU country code, there is no DFS policy, so that could enable WiFi without 60 secs waiting.

This field is not meant to be set to where you were born, and not the country where you would prefer to live happily forever and ever with Katy Perry. It's also not some optional “cloud usage statistics” input field.

Hello, I have been using your version for a while, I updated to the latest version. Unable to recover my mesh configuration. Is this patch applied because it corresponds to my problem (I think).

qualcommax/ipq807x/ax3600: Bootloop for led configuration caused by conflict between mesh and wireless network on same radio