Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X - no boardinfo file

Hello,
I have built the firmware for an Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X. all devices on the board work I can connect two device and all is good. The problem is only with the overview page displayed by the Luci gui after logging in (all the other pages work). The problem is the boot up does not produce the "/proc/boardinfo" file it just isn't there.
the error in the page is:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute firstchild dispatcher target for entry '/admin'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/admin/status'.
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute template dispatcher target for entry '/admin/status/overview'.
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:104: Failed to execute template 'admin_status/index'.
A runtime error occured: /usr/lib/lua/luci/sys.lua:198: attempt to index local 'boardinfo' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

any ideas or pointers welcome.
this is my first time so be gently if i have not followed protocol for getting help.