QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller

Hi All...

I'm new to OpenWRT...

I have been trying out different router software on x86/64, in bid to replace my consumer router.

I'm able to run the OpenWRT smoothly but having difficulty with my ethernet adapter which is a QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller.

lspci shows the device being recognized but i can't seem to find the kmod that allows OpenWRT to recognize and run this adapter.

Not sure if anyone has any clue or do i have to take the difficult route of building the kmod myself.

Appreciate any input or help. Thanks in advance.

lspci is only showing the device, it doesn't mean the system is really recognizing it.

This qlgc seems having some trouble in Linux upstream?

2 Likes

Seems like this adapter is having compatibility issues. I wasn't able to get it to work previously on OPNSense as well as it crashes everytime i load the drivers.
Given that OpenWRT is based on Linux i would think i have a better chance.

Workaround maybe install a full featured Linux system then use KVM with NIC bridged to VM, so you might try to use Proxmox as host.

Try some recent Linux dist 1st, see if it works there ?

I shall start with Proxmox to see if the adapter works from there.

From what I know, it should work on RHEL, official driver has installation method for this distro, it's also not "working out of the box"

If it's not in mainline, it won't be available in OpenWRT ...

1 Like

Just an update.. done setting up Proxmox > OpenWRT.
Have been running tests for almost 5 hours now.
The adapter works perfectly..

IF: enp0s31f6 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Device-2: QLogic FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE driver: qede v: kernel port: N/A
bus-ID: 01:00.0
IF: enp1s0f0 state: down mac:
Device-3: QLogic FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE driver: qede v: kernel port: N/A
bus-ID: 01:00.1
IF: enp1s0f1 state: up speed: 10000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Device-4: QLogic FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE driver: qede v: kernel port: N/A
bus-ID: 01:00.2
IF: enp1s0f2 state: down mac:
Device-5: QLogic FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE driver: qede v: kernel port: N/A
bus-ID: 01:00.3
IF: enp1s0f3 state: down mac:

A simple search led me to an email thread saying that the "qlgc" got removed due to unmaintained + messy code, so very high chance that it will never be in mainline.....

That's great, you can mark this thread resolved if you think it's an acceptable solution.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.