PureFusion - wrt3200acm, wrt32x, wrt1200ac, wrt1900acs, wrt1900acV1, wrt1900acV2 Builds

NOTE: I will be redoing this page when I get the time. My edition of OpenWRT called,
PureFusionWRT has been mega changed from when I originally posted this page up.
Many many many changes.. I have tweaked the heck out of it.

As most know, I have spent the last few years working on Github Action Scripting, that will
self build a fully functional firmware build for the above mentioned routers.
in about 1:30 hours. the Action Scripting can be forked and edited so that anyone
that has even a small amount of knowledge can build their own firmware with a click of the button.

Many people seem to use ImageBuilder to make a custom firmware.. Well this takes it a step further
it builds everything on a virtual server for you.. you can build all default or customize to your liking.
everything is custizable , and workflow gives you the best debugging views of whats going on.
any errors is instant reported and showed in workflow....

the fact that I use cache to build firmware, the build that would normally take 3 - 4 hours to build
only takes 1 hour and 30 mins. If you rather leave the building to me, your more then welcome to
download one of our firmware releases in the you guessed it, Release Section.

SQM is default to use pie, cake can be used as well..
your Download and upload speeds are autoset using autoSQM. Slightly modded by me
so you dont really have to do anything..

The status page will give you more info then you could ever find on any default edition of OpenWRT.
I have a Discord channel, so you guessed it again, I am always around or one of my mods will be around to help if I am not. but I am always trying to make things better..

I have 2 editions of my Firmware.

1. Stable Edition
  2. Beta AKA TESTING edition.

When I feel my TEST edition is at its stable point, I will merge it to stable..
you are more then welcome to install either edition. But be warned,
TESTING is for people that can get out of trouble if something should go wrong.

Anyhow, I will update more at a later time on here......

6 Likes

Dear Big " E ",
Hello and I hope that you and yours are both safe and well. I just have one simple question / request - is it possible that you make sure to include luci-app-netports on your builds ?
Just asking - Thanks.
Peace

Netports have been added.. I did that a while ago.

Dear Sir,
PureFusion-WRT SNAPSHOT r20194+9 7/31 - Stable
I can not find luci-app-netports in the luci menu
maybe you would be kind enough to point out to me where it is exactly.
luci-app-netports was available on a prior build but seems to be missing on the
last few stable builds. Thanks - everything else is running great
Thanks for your excellent builds
Peace My Friend

UCI: menu: status then overview
then scroll down:

luci-app-netports
is missing on PureFusion-WRT SNAPSHOT r20194+9 7/31 - Stable
I checked that location - maybe
luci-app-netports
is failing to build / compile on more recent builds
it is not a deal breaker - but it certainly is a nice addition - Kudos
I am not complaining by any means - just reporting my findings by way of feedback
Peace

yeah stable edition prob isnt working right.. its all there.. just not working because I had to disable smart chmod and the exe file is not converted.. its a error I found out how to fix later on and its fixed on my beta. tell you the truth, you would more likely enjoy the beta
it has fully working SQM under pie rather then cake.

1 Like

Dear Eliminater74,
Hello and I hope that you are both safe and well. I was able to install PureFusion-WRT SNAPSHOT r20224+9 ( Test Branch ) 2022.08.06-0940. I had reported to you that there was an issue with Luci errors ( Internal Server 500 or something like that ).
Oddly, I found that if I cleared Nvram ( hard 15 second reset holding down button of the same name ) after flashing the firmware image - the Luci interface would not display properly. This problem occurred consistently on my WRT3200ACM. When I went straight to configuring the router - no problems. Also the rendered SSH session ( Putty ) would be stripped bare. Even the sysinfo file would be completely eliminated.
I installed same image on my WRT1900ACS - and after hard reset - the condition with Luci did not show its head - go figure - I have no idea. luci-app-tn-netports is working GREAT!! as is the entire Build. Thanks for your support and advice. As always - I am just offering my feedback and experiences so that you can continue to perfect PureFusion-WRT.
Peace

1 Like

yeah, I dont know whats going on with your wrt3200acm.. your the only person that has mentioned anything error with luci. I dont have to many people installing my test builds.. but all the people that have installed it, havent mentioned anything wrong yet. Maybe you need to clear your browser cache or something.. so im not sure. I just had to fix some cache errors.. got that fixed just today.

wanted to let you know dnsmasq-full is already the main package installed.. I think it was you that asked me about that.. I could be wrong. but anyhow its the main package baked in.

1 Like

hoping someone could help me out here. I have 2x wrt32x routers and I was going to sell one and put the stock oem firmware back on it.

I tried to restore via Luci and ssh

root@OpenWrt:~# sysupgrade -F -n -v /tmp/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
Wed Oct 27 23:11:10 UTC 2021 upgrade: Image metadata not present
Image check failed but --force given - will update anyway!
Wed Oct 27 23:11:10 UTC 2021 upgrade: Commencing upgrade. Closing all shell sessions.
Connection to 192.168.1.1 closed by remote host.
Connection to 192.168.1.1 closed.

Both times i have the same results where all I get is the power and lan 1 (which is plugged in) led's

I tried the other wrt32x and results were the exact same.

I dont know what your asking. your post, tells little other then what command and what result you got.
No logs or more detail.. maybe if you supplied a bit more., someone could help you.
and since this isnt even a PureFusion Post, why are you posting it in here?. you could go into one of the other Community help threads with said question, and someone might be able to help you better.

If this is a PureFusion sorta question, and you want to put one of the routers back to OEM stock, then plz mention that. otherwise we have no clue.

apolgoies, i thought i'd explained my issue but i clearly missed explaining the point. after trying to revert back to oem i dont get any access to the router without reverting to the alternative firmware using 30-30-30 (back to purefusion firmware). Its a bit hard to provide logs when I cant seem to get into the router as it doesnt give out an IP (local 169 address) after i try to install the oem firmware.
I am guessing you are not familiar with my issue anyways.
cheers.

ok so you have PF installed, and you want to go back to OEM, and having trouble from PF.. try this, install another openwrt firmware. maybe official, then try again to go back to OEM.. see if that helps/

Or use a Serial UART connection and tftp to flash the stock firmware back as even with standard Openwrt your still going to have issues going back to stock because if the kernel partition got extended from 3 to 4mb recently.

I recently returned my WRT32X back to stock using the TFTP and UART method.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice but I ended up getting help on a different thread and it was as simple as just installing an older version of openwrt 19.x and from there install the OEM firmware. Worked a treat.

just downloaded on my 1200AC looks nice still testing it just wondering i cant change the 2.4 channel width from 20 to 40. i choose the 40 option but it's not working

also the upload speed is way slower than usual?!

Edit: regarding the upload speed i just forgot the egress option= problem solved :slight_smile:

Edit 2: i found that i can force 40 option, thanks....

it's been a while since i last used open wrt , was on ddwrt for a while so i forgot the options!

so far its working nice ...

i have a Q. regarding boosting the wifi signal, is there a way?! my router is a bit far from my location i'm getting like 40 % wifi coverage. so my internet speed is like way down, so was wondering if i can boost it without installing a repeater, something with signal strength or transmit power or channel width?!

Regards

1 Like

I upgraded from the DavidC builds. Running a WRT3200. So far so good. Nice build!!!

The only problem I have is my Android tablet connection drops when idle. My Android phone stays connected. So not that big of a deal. The only app that needs a full time connection is Google Voice. But since my phone stays connected...like I said not a big deal.

Thanks for making these builds!!

2 Likes

I really couldnt tell you how to extend your wifi signal.. thats all hardware related as far as I know.

My Beta Test Edition now runs kernel 5.15.x, But if you use this edition, Plz make sure that
you have software flow offloading disabled.............

And make sure you keep backups of your stuff...........

Uptime:1d 2h 50m 8s

Local Time:2022-08-16 02:13:45

Kernel Version:5.15.60

Model:Linksys WRT3200ACM

Architecture:ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

Firmware Version:PureFusion-WRT SNAPSHOT r20332+18-8456d06aa6

Please change your wireless advanced settings. It has to do with your Beacon interval dropping packets too soon not allowing it to receive properly. I had similar issues with a Chromebook Tablet.

Try these settings on both 5ghz and 2.4ghz under the advanced settings.

Distance Optimization: 75

Beacon Interval: 175

DTIM Interval: 2

Time interval for rekeying GTK: 86400 - (24 Hours)

Station inactivity limit: 150

Hope these helps anyone can use no these settings matter the network type. It should help with connection drops, signal integrity, battery life, and especially with gaming. If needing distance change the Transmission Power as shown below. If any higher the frequency may affect signal and affect your body as well if you have trouble with signal sensitivity. It's know to affect your sleep etc if set to high.

Operating frequency:

2.4Ghz

Mode:N

Channel: 11 (I use highest normally but if using iPhones or Apple Products Choose "Channel 1" instead. But be sure it doesn't interfere with surrounding network channels)

Width: 40Mhz (Best for N)

Maximum transmit power: 23dBM (199mW) - (Safest I would use best I found)

5Ghz

Mode:AC

Channel: 161 (I use highest but be sure it doesn't interfere with surrounding network channels)

Width: 80Mhz (Best for AC - 160Mhz not recommended)

Maximum transmit power: 23dBM (199mW) - (Safest I would use best I found)

Save & Apply and Reboot Router.

Hope this helps stay blessed!

Optional I use I recommend if you want higher speeds on 5ghz and especially for 2.4ghz devices. Test Accordingly!

Force 40MHz mode: [x] - (Make sure it's Checked]