Proper IPv6 Configuation

Hello guys,
I was using HE 6in4 until now. Unfortunately my ISP does not provide IPv6.
In this week I rented a VPS in my country which assigns /48 IPv6 prefix.
I devided /48 prefix into to 2 /64 prefix, for one /64 for tunnel and one /64 for my LAN clients.

I created sit tunnel on vps and used ndppd to neighbor discovery for LAN clients. (I used this guide for VPS tunnel configuration on https://blog.mapstrata.com/post/6in4/)

6in4 tunnel established but could not ping the gateway of tunnel. Meanwhile I monitored tunnel interface both on VPS and on my router with tdpdump. ICMP messagees delivered successfully. Also monitored both pppoe-wan and eth0 interfaces with tcpdump to check protocol 41 messages. Also they were successfully reached.

I thought that I made something wrong with tunnel configuration on VPS and tried same config on a different location which is running FreshTomato. Everything was working perfect. Connectin established and clients were able to reach internet via IPv6.

At the same time I am using Wireguard.
I tried IPv6 configuration with wg. I assigned /64 prefix for both wg interfaces and on VPS added allowedip's 2nd /64 prefix.
At this time I was successfly reach the IPv6.

But right now I am having problem with IPv6 routed prefix configuration on OpenWRT.

If I select IPv6 assignment length as Disable and manual configure gateway, routed prefix, etc; dhcp stops working.
I tried a tricky way. I used assigned prefix in ULA-Prefix, all my LAN clients got IPv6 from RA and all of them able to reach via IPv6. Right now I am using in like this.

I know this is not a good way configure IPv6. How can I configure LAN interface with manuel IPv6 address?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Specify a /64 using the option ip6prefix on the VPN interface.

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/ipv6/start

1 Like

Thank you very much.
This solved the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.