Problems accessing Openwrt on various platforms

Installed 22.03 on a dlink dir-510l with the intention of using it in my wifi network to host usb devices over wifi (USBip) I’ve actually had it working with earlier versions and this one but for some reason it stopped working, or so I thought, I couldn’t access the router anymore with my laptop that I had been using with it for quite a while. So I did a complete upgrade and wiped config files so it was first boot ready. That’s when my problems started.

I managed to set it up as a wifi client, had access to LuCI, ssh and ping from wifi so I could do all my administration without having to plug it in. That’s as far as I got. It turns out that I could only access the router with my iPad (vis http and ssh) but not on my desktops or laptops, and this was with windows, Linux, macOS and morphOS. Out of four desktops and three laptops I couldn’t even ping the router - but the iPad could.

Anybody got any ideas on what I can do?

All fixed, just set up wifi to point at my network, no client, ad-hoc or repeater setup required.

Wifi is completely separated from the lan interface

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.