Problem to install OpenWrt on tha archer MR200 Error code:4506

I have a TP-Link Archer MR200
Firmware version : 0.9.1 1.2 v004a.0 Build 180502 Rel.53881n
Hardware version : Archer MR200 v1 00000001
I try to install OpenWrt firmware directly with the current firmware.
I have the following error message :
Error code:4506
The uploaded file does not match the device's current hardware version.
I don't found this problem on the forum

Can anyone help me?

What happens if you follow the instructions in the OpenWrt wiki?

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_mr200#oem_installation_using_the_tftp_method

thanks for the quick reply, but alas I don't have the skills to perform such a procedure.
I'll see if I can find a video on the internet that shows all of this in more detail!

I am under Windows 10. I am stuck from point 3! :thinking:

Thank you

I need help for the point 3 and 4. How I do that ?
Thank you

same for me, i dont understand that point... did you found the explenetion ?

A command example is given, do some leg work, Google man dd, to understand what you're doing.

The cat command can in win be replaced by copy /b a + b c, the /b is important :wink:

same issue here and I have no clues on how to copy 0x2000 bytes of something into something else and/or viceversa. Is there anyone did it before and could provide the final (working) result?

Many thanks in advance

Bye

Aldo

:warning: THIS PAGE IS AN EXAMPLE, YOU MUST USE THE EXACT NUMBERS FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU PROVIDED IN POST # 3 (IN HEX - more info below on what this word means).

This example shows how to count 512 bytes and cut using a Windows GUI Hex Editor Program. I believe the OP also figured a method by himself in the thread (I don't recall).

:warning: I advise seeking assistance from someone who does if you are clueless as to what this is.

Requirement:

1. Count in hexadecimal - see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal; or
  2. Know how to use the hexadecimal setting of a Scientific Calculator (as opposed to decimal); or
  3. Be able to understand a GUI Hex Editor :wink:

:spiral_notepad: BTW 0x2000 bytes == 8192 bytes