Pppoe-server setup

Hello all of you,

I want to configure one port of OpenWRT as a PPPoE-server. Just to test some other routers and doing experiments.
I found a complete package to be installed called luci-app-rp-pppoe-server ( Roaring Penguin PPPoE Server) and all of its language packs. But I haven't got much of a clue on how to set it up. Although I do have experience in running such on a desktop machine there is not much going on when I try this one on OpenWRT (I tried version 19.07.0 as a vmware guest). I believe there should at least appear some interface called ppp0 or such.

Anyone know how to handle this?

Thank you,

Erik -.-

For anyone interested in this, I still haven't found out how to use the luci interface. But I did manage to run a pppoe-server by commandline. It is started like this:

pppoe-server -C myownserver -L 10.1.0.1 -R 10.1.0.2 -I eth1 -k

This starts the server running on eth1 called myownserver with the IP 10.1.0.1
The first client that connects will get 10.1.0.2 unless a specific address is mentioned for a certain user in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets

#USERNAME  PROVIDER  PASSWORD  IPADDRESS
# if you want to fix ip address
"user1" * "pass1"  10.1.0.25
"user2" * "pass2"  10.1.0.33

You may have to tweak /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options
I used this: (Rest of the parameters were commented out)

ms-dns 8.8.8.8
debug
lcp-echo-interval 10
lcp-echo-failure 2
require-chap
ktune
mru 1492
mtu 1492

Good luck to anyone who needs such. If you know the answer to the first post then please reply below. Thanks,

Erik
-.-

I didn't got server working. But looks like Luci is fixed. It show some options that before it did not.

I will check it out. I think I could use it in the next months.
Thanks for notifying!

What ist your device?
Have your device a vlan switch?
Is eth1 correct?