Power cycling after upgrade (wndr4700)

Sure....here's what I did when I sort-of bricked the WNDR4700. I first flashed it back to the Netgear firmware and made sure that worked before going to OpenWRT 21.02. You might be able to flash it directly to OpenWRT, but I didn't try that so don't know.

1. Download the Netgear firmware: https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=CENTRIA+(WNDR4700%2F4720)

2. Plug the router in and then hold down the reset button for a really long time. (It will power off an on maybe a few times, but just keep holding that reset button down.) Eventually you'll get a green flashing power light on the router.

3. Connect your computer (via a network cable) to one of the LAN ports on the router. Manually set your computer to an IP of 192.168.1.10, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, router 192.168.1.1.

4. Open up your terminal (again, I'm on a mac. Would work same on Linux, I presume. Don't know what Windows folks use for a terminal). Then run:

cd <whatever directory you saved the firmware file in>
tftp 192.168.1.1
binary
put <insert firmware filename here>

Then wait. It may take 3 or 4 minutes to transfer the entire file. So don't be impatient. Once the transfer is done, I believe the router will restart on its own and should (hopefully) be running again.

Hope it helps!

Hello Quadari, thanks a lot for the great details, I will go to try it anyway. By the way, nmrpflash is another tool I tried, it works also.

Your procedure works perfectly.