Port to TP-Link RE200

Trying to use the tool, but... "This applications failed to start because no Qt platform plugin coul be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

My v2 is ready. Thanks for ur hard work. Hope u post it soon.

OK, probably I forgot to include a Qt DLL. I'll fix that soon, stay tuned.

Ok. Thankful.

I just uploaded a new version of the tool that, hopefully, includes all the required libraries.

1 Like

Perfect, andyboeh. "Você é o cara". God bless you!!

In the meantime, @Flole, @phil2sat and me have been working on a port to the RE200v2. It seems to work fine for @phil2sat and me, thus I created a PR at https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2723.

@Flole and me will create a shared .dtsi, since the only difference between v2 and v3 seems to be some small LED changes.

1 Like

@andyboeh and @Flole first i have to say thanks.

With your changes, @andyboeh's latest git i was able to successfully build my first openwrt flashable sysupgrade.

I did some small changes. Added package repositories, included Luci (works well) and made brr congestion default (no kernel support by default).

Txpower seems a little bit weird around 20dbi at 2Ghz and 7dbi at 5ghz.

After the whole Night testing i found out, with country=PA, 2Ghz Chan 13 and 5Ghz Chan 36 i get the best results.

2Ghz Txpower 23dbi
5Ghz Txpower 10dbi (7dbi on Chan 128)

Since the Stock EU firmware is limited to the lower 5Ghz channels, i guess there is a firmware limitation.

I also compiled latest MT76 git into my build with the same reults.

1 Like

Obrigado a todos pela ajuda (
Thanks to everyone for their help).

1 Like

Windows 7 support is over.

Can you explain how you do the flash upgrade? Did you use the phil2sat with integrated Luci?

Pode me explicar como fez o upgrade?

I use your conversion tool and got this message*. Do i need some prepare step before upgrade? The generic guide is useful in this device?

*Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

Your build is available to download?

1 Like

I did it the way that Andyboeh explained, using the tool he made available. Then I gave an opkg update and opkg install luci. In order for the device to have internet access, I put it on my network via cable and via ssh I configured the network file adding option gateway '192.168.1.1' and option dns '1.1.1.1'

strange, i do this and got Error code: 18005. i must to do this in the 'openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_re200-v1-squashfs-factory.bin' file, right?

I try this in the normal web config from stock TP-Link firmware.

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much.

Yes, it's supposed to work this way. Afterwards you flash the resulting openwrt-webif.bin file from the output directory.
If it doesn't work, I'd double check if you really have a v1 and not a later version. Then, I'd try to upgrade to the latest stock firmware first.

Very easy with direct stock web UI. Pretty happy so far. Only issue is 5ghz wifi is very unstable and max at 10dbm. Thanks dev for the support.

Despite the 10dBm, the range looked quite "normal" to me. Are you experiencing range issues?

I didn't test it too much, to be honest, because the majority of my WiFi devices is 2.4GHz only. What happens if it's unstable, does it drop or is it slow? Anything in the log file (of the device)?

Yep, i check this before try to flash. Also check md5 to certify is matching. Last night i flash my Archer C2 v1.1, it has the exact same hardware and everything is ok. i use this guide. Late today i will try again.

Thank you for your effort btw!