Port opening OpenWrt

Hi everyone,

Using consolle PS4 and videogame Cod Modern Warfare, is asked to open port
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
https://support.activision.com/call-of-duty--wwii/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games

I am using OpenWrt and I setted Port forward like picture below.

Unfortunatley seems absolutely not working.
Where am I wrong?
Maybe I forgot some other parameters?

Thanks for your help.
G

That info has to be wrong or misleading, no sane developer would ever require incoming connections for ports lower than 1024, or for any other ports without using UPnP. Those must be outgoing connections, that OpenWrt allows by default without any modification.

As long as the PS4 has IP 192.168.0.120, then the configuration is correct.
What is not working exactly?

2 Likes

Which version of OpenWRT are you using? My screen on 19.07.3 looks a bit different.
Also, I have a few portforwards and I don't have "via any router IP" below them.
Can you login on console (via ssh) and show the contents of /etc/config/firewall?

For example, I have:

config redirect
        option dest_port '7070'
        option src 'wan'
        option name 'laptop - anydesk'
        option src_dport '7070'
        option target 'DNAT'
        option dest 'lan'
        option dest_ip '192.168.x.y'
        list proto 'tcp'
        option enabled '1'
        option reflection '0'

Looks like the old format, I'd say 18.06 era.

2 Likes

I think older.

I've only had to open this for CoD before...

Yea, that needs to be clear first:

• Are you having an issue getting "Open NAT' on your game?
  • Are you sure that your ISP issues a public IP address?

FIrst of all thank you for your answer.
This is the configuration on my console PS4:
IP: 192.168.0.120
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS 1st: 8.8.8.8
DNS 2nd: 8.8.4.4
MTU: automatic
Server Proxy: Not used

Version of wrt: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2

@lleachii I am having issue on "Open NAT".
with this configuration NAT is level 3
in order to use and play i must reach NAT 2.
For example: If i connect the console to mobile phone Hotspot I reach NAT 2.
So I guess problem is on my router configuration.

thanks again.
G

Why are you using a pre-release beta version of the software from over 8 years ago?

That's rare and cool...if that means the ISP allows inbound connections.

I'd say upgrade your router...also you never answered me:

1 Like

Also, my understanding is that you should reach NAT1 (or "OPEN") once it's working.

:warning: :warning: :warning: :warning:
Based on your screenshot in post 8, you are not forwarding those ports -- you are opening them (for accept on the router itself).

This means that the router is exposed on all of those ports, and they are not being forwarded to the desired host. :warning: This includes ports 80 and 443 -- the web interface of the router itself is exposed to the internet!!:warning:

I would highly recommend deleting all of these traffic rules -- they are not doing anything useful, and they are likely opening you up for security issues.

I agree with the others in this thread who have said that it is unlikely that many of these ports actually need to be opened (certainly not the lower ports!!). I believe that the page you have linked indicates which ports are used in general, but this does not mean that they are saying you must open/forward the ports -- many of these ports are likely outbound/destination ports from the game itself to other servers.

I also agree with the others that you absolutely need to upgrade to a new router (or at least newer version of OpenWrt) -- there are many known and actively exploited security issues with the old versions!

3 Likes

Good catch!

1 Like