Port Forwarding SSH, from one pc to another through the router

Hi friends, I need some help with Port Forwarding ssh.
I have a PC connected to the WAN port, and I need to ssh to a device connected on LAN0 of my router. So ssh is not into my router (that is fine), I need to ssh into the device connected to the router on the lan firewall. I have several Port Forwarding configuration for wan to lan at different ports, and everything is fine. Also, I can access a https server on the lan device, so I thought will be super easy also getting access to the ssh. But it's not working.
Any suggestion about this. I'm attaching a diagram of my configuration

firewall:
config redirect
option dest 'lan'
option target 'DNAT'
option name 'WAN-TO-Dev0'
option src 'wan'
option src_dport '9200'
option dest_ip '192.168.68.1'
option dest_port '22'

with tcpdump I see that output is from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.68.1, and to get a reply back, it needs to come from 192.168.68.0, but if I set that IP address to receive from wan, and changing the port to 9000; otherwise it will get re-directed to openwrt, as soon I set port 9000 I get a "Connection refuse"

I'm not IT, so sorry if I'm missing a big concept here.
Thanks

An IP address like 192.168.1.0/24 is not valid. Conventionally, the router is configured as .1 in each /24 lan network, and the other devices on the lan are 192.168.1.2 or higher, up to 254 (255 is not valid either).

2 Likes

That config looks substantially correct, but for the issue mentioned by @mk24. Here's my working config, the router's lan address is 10.1.1.1 and the destination server is at 10.1.1.200. We connect from the wan via port 10022 (so ssh -p 10022 somebody@<wan-address>). server200 is listening on 22, and this config rule generates all appropriate NATting and reflection rules (you can confirm them with nft list ruleset | grep 'SSH-into').

config redirect
        option name 'SSH-into-server200'
        option target 'DNAT'
        option src 'wan'
        option src_dport '10022'
        option dest 'lan'
        option dest_ip '10.1.1.200'
        option dest_port '22'
        list proto 'tcp'
1 Like

Thanks a lot. I knew I was missing a big concept somewhere. I changed IPs and now is working.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.