Please help to install Openwrt on Check Point L-50

hi guys

can anyone help me
I want to install openwrt on a Check Point L-50 . device
I am trying to install OpenWRT 21.02.0 according to this wiki page:

I can access the menu via console or serial.

but i don't understand to do the following steps :

1. How to make a backup of u-boot and env ?
  2. How to backup all MAC addresses of Ethernet ports? before I move on to the next stage.
  3. how to use kwboot on windows os using tftpd64 application? is kwboot first entered through the tftpd64 application?

in advance, I apologize if it's a little confusing. I try my best and I look forward to your help.

Thank you

1. The forum at Backup and Restore NAND mtds - Pogoplug V4 original MTD partitions gives steps for doing the backup of u-boot and env for a Pogoplug V4, but it will be essentially the same for any Kirkwood device with NAND Flash.
  2. At the u-boot prompt you can run the command 'printenv eth1addr' and copy the output. Do the same for each of the remaining network ports mentioned in the Restore macs section of the OpenWrt wiki page for this device.
  3. kwboot is an application, I'm not aware of a windows version so you'll need a linux device to run kwboot application. UART Booting HowTo for Selected Kirkwood Devices is a good write up of using kwboot.
1 Like

Never hurts to save all the params in the uboot env, just C&P them after running printenv.

https://forum.doozan.com/ is a gold mine for Kirkwood owners, not really focusing on openwrt, but there's a ton of useful info about the devices there.

My guess is you first have to (re)boot and interrupt the device during very early stage to actually see the original u-boot, maybe press certain key to halt the boot process.

If you made it to the original u-boot, you may save the stock environment variables first probably all with printenv. From that point the wiki is insufficient how to backup original bootloader/roms but you may try help to see what options it give and report back?

Certain checkpoint devices have 2 serial ports, the one on the outside of the device can be a virtual console which will only initiate after booting the kernel. Maybe check inside the device if there is a internal serial rs232 pinout which may cover console output during early u-boot & kernel console.

you can refer the steps via below.
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/install-openwrt-on-check-point-l-50-issue/69352/9?u=magicmouses