Opkg update fails!

Hello i'm having a bad time with this firnware... after install my openwrt firmware i use Putty to connect to router but when i run the command opkg update it fails.

opkg update

That link actually offline : http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/kmods/4.14.125-1-4798db7ce04dcb4337e44dbaa2a958a0/Packages.gz 404 error

so i can't update and i'm fucked =D.

Any admin can fix that please?

The files are probably being copied over. Wait and try again later.

Do you need/want to be running the snapshot? If your device is supported by an official stable release, you might want to use that instead, unless you have some specific reasons that make snapshot a better choice for you.

1 Like

Actually i was follow a youtube guide i didn't notice was a snapshot firmware :grimacing:

is possible to reinstall a latest release firmware from where i'm at now? i think i only have access to router with putty 8(?

Yes. That should be easy, if your router supports it. What is your device?

TL-WDR4300 - i download the lastest 19.07.0 but i have now clue what to do next.

You should actually grab 19.07.1.

But aside from that, copy it to your router and then run the upgrade from there. From your computer, you can copy it using scp. For example:

scp <file> root@192.168.1.1:/tmp/

Once the file is transferred over, you can upgrade using the following:

sysupgrade -n /tmp/<file>
2 Likes

Damn it works! thanks psherman!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.