Opkg incompatible architectures error

I am working on an Arduino Yun Rev2, and trying to isntall the AWS IoT SDK from Github.

There is a list of opkg packages on the arduino website (and I also on others), but I am getting an error when trying to install the package 'distribute'

List of packages:
http://downloads.arduino.cc/openwrtyun/1/packages/

$ opkg install distribute_0.6.21-1_ar71xx.ipk 
Unknown package 'distribute'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for distribute found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package distribute.

So, it seems strange that the file wouldn't be cross compiled for the mips_24kc architecture if it is on the arduino yun website, and the other packages seem to compile just fine on the Yun.

cat /etc/openwrt_release
DISTRIB_ID='LEDEYun'
DISTRIB_RELEASE='17.11'
DISTRIB_REVISION='r6773+1-8dd3a6e'
DISTRIB_TARGET='ar71xx/generic'
DISTRIB_ARCH='mips_24kc'
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='LEDEYun 17.11 r6773+1-8dd3a6e'
DISTRIB_TAINTS='busybox'

Most probably I could find the source and cross compile it for the yun, but that well beyond my abilities. Any help or ideas on how to get a copy fo the .ipk file for that package compiled for the yun archiecture would be super helpful.

As an fyi, it looks like my opkg feeds are standard and seems like the package should just install:

$ cat opkg.conf
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
option check_signature 1

The architecture specified in that package is ar71xx, which seems wrong. Shouldn't it be mips_24kc?

From control in control.tar.gz in distribute_0.6.21-1_ar71xx.ipk:

Package: distribute
Version: 0.6.21-1
Depends: libc, python
Provides: setuptools
Source: feeds/packages/lang/distribute
Section: lang
Essential: no
Priority: optional
Maintainer: OpenWrt Developers Team <openwrt-devel@openwrt.org>
Architecture: ar71xx
Installed-Size: 153419
Description:  Distribute (fork of Setuptools) is a collection of extensions to Distutils
1 Like

Okay - that makes sense. Do you know where I could find an available version of distribute for mips_24kc?

This page doesn't seem to have distribute in the package list:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mips_24kc/packages/

You would get an error. There's no such software named "distribute" in the Table of Packages.

1 Like

Ahh - I see. So, basicaly if I wanted to install distribute, I would have to figure out how to cross compile it on my own. hmm... thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.