OpenWrt support for WAX206

We may have a very different definition of outdated, the last force-push/sync with master was two weeks ago.

What on earth are you trying to do? It builds just fine for me.

1 Like

Oh, I was in the wrong folder on my machine, now I cloned the correct one, but the "WAX206" target profile support there isn't anymore, I see only

MediaTek MTK7622 rfb1 AP
MediaTek MTK7622 rfb1 AP (UBI)

Is the correct target the first non-UBI?

I assume you're on the wax206/flashable-1Gbit branch, yes?

Noā€¦not anymore, from the wax206/flashable-1Gbit I get the errors from the outdated kernel. I thought it was the wrong branch and I entered the main branch of the repo. I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong, if I simply do

git clone -b wax206/flashable-1Gbit https://github.com/boretom/openwrt-fork.git

./scripts/feeds update && ./scripts/feeds install 

make menuconfig

make -j9

Then I get the errors of some kernel modules not compatibles, at least this morning.

compatible when doing what ?
doesn't sound like a compilation error to me ...

The usual dependencies incompatibility, like ā€œthe kernel youā€™re using is outdated for the packages xyz blablaā€ now I donā€™t remember exactly, later I will try again in verbose output and Iā€™ll paste the log.

I thought it was my error because I was doing some changes in kernel_menuconfig, but I also tried using the default settings and I had the same errors.

openwrt-fork/target/linux/mediatek/dts/mt7622-netgear-wax206.dts
openwrt-fork/target/linux/mediatek/image/mt7622.mk
openwrt-fork/target/linux/mediatek/mt7622/base-files/etc/board.d/01_leds
openwrt-fork/target/linux/mediatek/mt7622/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network
openwrt-fork/target/linux/mediatek/mt7622/base-files/lib/upgrade/platform.sh

Just copy the above files from the branch that supports wax206 and put them in the official openwrt corresponding directory to compile. It is best to use the config file that has been successfully compiled before.

If there is a luci-ssl dependency conflict, you can uncheck it directly in menuconfig

1 Like

I asked you before, the wifi in the system log is frequently disconnected and reconnected, but in fact the network is not disconnected. After I compiled multiple versions recently, I found that the firmware of this version of iwinfo 2023-01-23-1e4e709d-1 almost does not appear that kind of Condition. curious why this is so

sorry missed it, also I'm not using these, they've been sitting on a shelf, waiting for the git
commit to get merged.

now I won't even use them at all, since I bought two Dynalink DL-WRX36s.
need to sell them instead .... 1st world problem :expressionless:

1 Like

Oh never mind, now I compiled another image and all is/went perfect.

Maybe my issue was that I was doing:

./scripts/feeds update && ./scripts/feeds install

instead of

./scripts/feeds update -a && ./scripts/feeds install -a

And there were some mismatching with the packages and kernel. I don't know exactly because I don't remember the gcc errors.

:partying_face:

Merged (this time for real :smile: ) https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/11363

Thanks to all the devs!

7 Likes

Awesome! Great work!

The best... Thanks.

@giuliomagnifico
I'm a little overwhelmed with following this topic. I still have the firmware from you on the WAX206. Is it time then to change to the merged version from today? Does all this mean that WAX206 is now officially supported?

Yes now can use the OpenWrt builder (not now now, wait few hours/day that it will be available) https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=SNAPSHOT

If you donā€™t want to compile your firmware, just use

opkg list-installed | awk '{ printf "%s ",$1 }'

That will list all your current packages, copy and paste all in to the online builder, wait 1-2mins and download the sysupgrade.

2 Likes

Images have been built over night.

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mediatek/mt7622/

@tmomas could you please move the wax206 page from the inbox to the ToH ?

I did the switch succesfully via the attended-sysupgrade app.
@all: great work, thank you very much.

1 Like

I've also built anothe image for me with custom kernel configs and it also works well.

I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question. This is my first time :slight_smile: my first sysupgrade. I'm a little confused about the different options.
My wax206 works fine. I have only configured WLANs and VLANs. No great package installations done.

When I build an image using the opkg list-installed | awk '{ printf "%s ",$1 }' command on the Snapshot page, I get the following error message:

Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libustream-mbedtls20201210 wants to install file /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/mediatek/mt7622/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/root-mediatek/lib/libustream-ssl.so
	But that file is already provided by package  * libustream-wolfssl20201210
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-ssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:185: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:150: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:269: manifest] Error 2

Also some signature check passed and signature check errors messages.....

But for my understanding I can also just click on Download "Sysupgrade" on the Image Snapshot page and get a ready image? Should still be missing a package I just install this after?

What also surprises me is that sysugprade has only 8,1MB. This is much smaller than the image I had previously imported.

You may install and use luci-app-attended-sysupgrade. This way, all your settings will be preserved an the packages, you use will also be installed in one step, without compiling yourself.

1 Like