Openwrt router opkg problem

hi guys i installed openwrt firmware recently on an old router to have a better wifi connection across the house and everything is great,, the problem
is when i tried to mess with it a little i found out the i cant install packages nor update,, btw the router pings fine and i can connect to the router, and the openwrt router is connected via ethernet to the main router, can anybody help me with this . thanks in advance

More than likely, the issue is that you haven't set the DNS server. Try that.

If it doesn't solve the problem...

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

Also, what version of OpenWrt are you using and on what device?

2 Likes

BTW, installing new packages is okay.

But, upgrading packages (via the CLI opkg upgrade command or the LuCI Upgrade... button) can result in major problems. It is generally highly discouraged, unless you know what you are doing or if there is specific instruction to do so.

If you need to update across major versions and/or service releases, you will use the sysupgrade feature, which is distinctly different than using the opkg package manager.

1 Like

What errors are you getting?