OpenWrt Out of Memory, while Actually there is freespace

I own a Linksys E900 router successfully running OpenWRT, My Software page shows

And df -h command shows

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                     2.0M      2.0M         0     100%  /rom
tmpfs                        13.5M      1.1M     12.4M   8%   /tmp
/dev/mtdblock5          4.4M      1.2M      3.2M  27%   /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay      4.4M      1.2M      3.2M  27%   /
tmpfs                       512.0K         0    512.0K   0%     /dev

My problem is when i use opkg update, iget this,

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_add_from_file: Failed to open /var/opkg-lists/openwrt_routing: Out of memory.

I cannot understand what is my problem, please help me..

You are probably running out of RAM as your device has only 32MB RAM, which is too little for the current OpenWrt.

Read

4 Likes

Got it, I am new to this and i know nothing about router and please pardon my question, when I misconfigured which leads to, not able to access my router, I flashed my router using TFTP upgrade which Linksys provide, even though there is no effect on my router, my question is there any way my router has that bin file stored, if it is where is the location? I am sorry if it is a noob question.
Thank you very much for your kind reply

When you flash a router like yours, the TFTP program generally saves it to RAM (live) memory, then writes it to the flash (persistent) memory if it passes some basic tests. If those tests fail, it "forgets" the file and doesn't do anything. The "bin file" doesn't really exist any more in the router, though most if its contents have been written to flash (assuming the file and the flashing process were good).

1 Like

Thank You Very much:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.