OpenWrt on BPI-R2 | Problems with SD card storage

Hello,

I want to setup a BPI-R2 with MT7623N as router with openVPN and downloaded the mammo0 image from github. I want to use a 64GB microSD for boot. The EMMC/SD switch on the board is on SD and the systems boots from SD.

I didn't manage to burn the "openwrt-mediatek-mt7623-bpi_bananapi-r2-squashfs.img", so I decided to stick with mammo0.

So I burned the image and booted up - the openwrt is running and slowly I'm getting used to it - openvpn is set up and running and I've made setups for dual WAN. All by now works great - but then I wanted to harden the security by adding another user and installing a ssl-cert.

But I can't install any packages anymore since the /dev/root is full and 0kb left.

I can't even install fdisk:

verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /overlay, pkg fdisk needs 48
 opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package fdisk.

df -h delivers:

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                42.2M     39.1M         0 100% /
tmpfs                   503.9M      1.1M    502.8M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

If it's better to reflash or reinstall that won't be a big issue because I just played around and the device is only up for testing by now.

I've also inserted a 120GB SSD into and wanted to use it for encrypted configuration and logs.

Can you please help me to use all of the 64GB sd to store packages?
Maybe there's a thread for storing configuration and logs to an encrypted ssd inside?

Thanks

Lukas

nobody any hints or suggestions?

if you have acces to another device/computer, you should be able to boot gparted from flash storage, and resize the SD partition.

WoW; yes of course.
I will give that a shot.
Thanks a lot - I was totally on the worng track and forgot about that.

Thanks it worked great.

For the other part of using encrypted ssd for logs and configuration - has anyone done this before?

Check out

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.