OpenWrt ftp and samba same username and password

It looks like the vsftpd.conf file has the incorrect permissions. Give the output of

ls -l /etc/vsftpd.conf
1 Like
 ls -l /etc/vsftpd.conf
-rw-------    1 110      114            825 Sep  9 01:25 /etc/vsftpd.conf`Preformatted text`

Root should be the owner of that file, run:

chown root: /etc/vsftpd.conf
2 Likes

thank you it is working. FTP is working :innocent:
now please tell me how to point ftp login to USB attached device? USB drive it is already mounted.

In your vsftpd.conf file you need
local_root=<path to usb device>

1 Like

i changed it in the /etc/passwd
using this post

or do it by your method?

1 Like

That way is probably the better way, it's scalable to more users. I'd say give it a go.

1 Like

one more issue
I was unable to mount or use ntfs formatted USB. I format it with fat32 and it is now working fine.
Openwrt doesn't support ntfs?

this might be build related :rofl:

I was getting errors when I mounted my regular ext4 partitions... so I commented out ( added a hash ) in '/etc/filesystems';

#ntfs-3g

try removing the hash...

or you could also try removing ntfs3g and installing 'antfs'... the general recommendation for openwrt is to use ext2/4... while many happily use ntfs... it does require an 'extra level' of awareness...

1 Like

i have one more question if i change my password using
passwd newuser
will it change password for both samaba username and ftp user name?
if both have same username?

why bandwidth monitor resets after power failure? isn't it suppose to backup that data?

from

and

( 10 characters )

2 Likes

No samba stores it's passwords separately so if you are wanting to change the password you'll need to use the smbpasswd and the passwd commands.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.