OpenWrt Firmware for Archer c6 v3.2

can you help me?
I don't have a serial connection.
i want to revert back to stock firmware.
can you walk me through the process?

No need of serial connection..you only need stripped stock rom to revert to stock rom.you can directly flash stripped rom from luci

sorry for noob question, but how can I flash A6 v3.2 with A6 v3 firmware, a get error "unable to upgrade" whet trying to flash from GUI ? can You give me direct link to bin file i should to use ?

1 Like

I tried the tftp method but it doesn't work :(, please help

I have the same problem as the person above, I get the "unable to upgrade" error on my Archer A6 v3.2 when i try to upload the image via web GUI. Can anyone help with that error?

So, I tried another methods that were provided on archer c6/a6 v3 installation site, first I had to connect to serial port and when I tried to install openwrt via the recovery method, it didn't went through and this was printed in console:

Firmware verify OK!
firmware(size 0x694d0e) verify pass!
HTTP upload is done! Upgrading...
do http upgrade
nm_tpFirmwareRecovery---
Firmware Recovery file length : 6901006

Firmware process common.

Image verify OK!

Firmware file Verify ok!

[NM_Debug](nm_buildUpgradeStruct) 01273: nm_buildUpgradeStruct 1273 87fe6d54

[NM_Debug](nm_buildUpgradeStruct) 01291: nFileBytes = 6896890
[NM_Debug](nm_lib_readPtnFromNvram) 00569: partition_used_len = 267, requried len = 4096
[Error]sysmgr_proinfo_buildStruct():  660 @ unknown id(device_name), skip it.

[Error]sysmgr_proinfo_buildStruct():  660 @ unknown id(country), skip it.

[Error]sysmgr_cfg_checkSupportList(): 1043 @ productVer 3.0.0 NOT Match.

[Error]sysmgr_cfg_checkSupportList():  911 @ Entry 0 NOT Match.

[Error]sysmgr_cfg_checkSupportList():  911 @ Entry 1 NOT Match.

[Error]sysmgr_cfg_checkSupportList():  911 @ Entry 2 NOT Match.

[Error]sysmgr_cfg_checkSupportList():  911 @ Entry 3 NOT Match.

Firmware not supports, check failed.

[NM_Error](nm_checkUpdateContent) 01211: the firmware is not for this model

[NM_Error](nm_buildUpgradeStruct) 01316: checkUpdateContent failed.

Web recovery failed type 0.
## Error: HTTP ugrade failed!

so it seems like it's a problem with version of my router (because I've got the v3.2 one) but maybe someone with knowledge on that will look into it. Fortunately for me, method of OEM installing with TFTP worked for me. Hope the easy way of installing will be fixed soon :smiley:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.1/targets/ramips/mt7621/

None of what I wrote before did not fix.
PPoE as before spams in the logs.
5 GHz works unstable again. Full random. It can work for 5-30 minutes, and maybe 17 hours without problems.

Tested on OpenWrt 22.03.1 r19777-2853b6d652 / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-22.245.77528-487e58a

1 Like

Hey, I hope you see this - how did you get the tftp to work - I have a tftp server setup (and tested), but I can`t get the a6 v3.20 to make a request. Tried the hold reset-poweron-wait 5 secs-release reset, but nothing.I tried putting a switch between the PC and router, still no requests. Tried varying the time holding the reset button, but still no request.

Hi, it seems you aren't using the correct way to install through TFTP from what you said. As shown on Table of Hardware site you unfortunately need the UART connection to the router for it to work. When U-boot starts, then you can stop boot process, and next you can initialize TFTP connection to your server. More detailed guide on that is here - https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c6_v3#oem_installation_using_the_tftp_method The …initramfs-kernel.bin file is on that site - https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.1/targets/ramips/mt7621/ if you didn't use correct file previously.
Hope my input helped :slight_smile:

Oh, I was under the impression that tftp starts in recovery mode. Welp, off to get a UART cable then. Thank you:)

I assume I have to manually install luci after flashing the kernel?

After the process you will be put in temporary openwrt site - then you need to use the upgrade image to install the permanent version into the router.

22.03.2 appeared less than a week after 22.03.1

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/targets/ramips/mt7621/

Yeah, shortly after 22.03.1 was tagged and build, several WiFi related security issues were found in the kernel:
http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-announce/2022-October/000037.html

Update to my previous posts:
PPoE spam finaly was fixed.
5 GHz operates for 3-4 days and freezes again. Before that, memory consumption increases by 2 MB two times. Overall -4Mb memory. In this state, you can re-connect to it, the signal level is normal, but there is no ping.
Version of the firmware OpenwRT 22.03.2 R19803-9A599FEE93 / Luci Openwrt-22.03 Branch GIT-22.288.45147-96EC0CD
One more question is the VPS button to turn on/disable wi fi or not?

Good day, I wanted to ask you how stable openwrt is currently for this router (C6 3.2v ->mt7621). I don't plan to use wifi only as a router and to use qos (cake or codel) to improve the experience of using my adsl connection (a lot of bufferbloat). I previously had a router with Openwrt 19, a tp-link wrd-3600 working perfectly but it was recently burned in an electrical storm. Sorry for my English and thanks for your answers.

Hi, I have been experimenting with several C6v3 over the past 2 months, using 22.03.0 and 22.03.2, and did not have any issues.

One router is heavily used for daily work and regular surfing, using wireguard and with the users being connected via wifi. I haven't had any reports about crashes.

Myself at home I mostly use the router for surfing with my mobile phone: no issues like disconnects from the network or wifi either.

As of now the C6v3s are runnig as stable as the previously used C7v5s.

1 Like

Update to my previous posts:
I have some interesting news for you.
Wi-fi 5 GHz has been working stably for 7 days. And the reason for this is that my friend has never logged into Luci's web interface all these days. By the way, something similar was on the .0 firmware. Then he had a record of 16 days, but after he logged in to the web interface once, wi-fi hung up after 2-3 days.
Terms:
Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz is always off.
Wi-Fi 5 GHz is always on.
The computer is connected via Wi-Fi.

I was trying to wirelessly upgrade the stock firmware for my TP-Link Archer C6 v3.2 when I lost my connection and bricked my router. When powered on, the Power LED is on. I tried the TFTP method of flashing but I could not get any TFTP connection between the router and my pc when analysed with wireshark. How do I proceed further to de-brick my router ?

Why you do this guys via wireless? To hard to connect LAN cable?
Many times was said - in our router NO TFTP server as we know before in old models.
Try to ping 192.168.0.1, open in browser web page with same address 192.168.0.1.
If no luck - you need UART cable, open router and directly connect to pins on mainboard.
If your router under warranty try to exchange to new in store where you bought it :wink:
P.S. Don't tell about upgrade to openwrt in store.