OpenWrt-extras

Thanks to @vgaetera some useful scripts may enhance common tools with extended usage.
I have propose to PR them as packages.

I just cloned the latest scripts from the Wiki into GitHub repositories.
I will write, build, test packages version of the scripts.
Then some PR may give them as "official" tools !

This topic is a main subject to follow this works.

...Stay tuned!

2 Likes
1 Like

TOP TOPIC RESERVED for possible future usage...
May be edited soon
STAY TUNED

uci-extas.sh is missing an 'r'.

Thanks, fixed !

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't mind if anyone decides to package the scripts, but this makes the packager responsible for the code, as he needs to spend time to understand the code and keep it up to date, process pull requests and bug reports, and reply to support threads on the forum.
I'm afraid that I currently don't have enough free time to be involved in OpenWrt development any more than I do now due to real life issues.

To tell the truth, the scripts themselves are not the end goal but a method to easily extend functionality of existing tools to provide missing features that I found to be useful.
I understand this kind of approach is inherently flawed, as the best course of action would be to implement the features natively to ensure the proper level of support, however it requires a significantly higher level of contribution.

By the way, it looks like the OpenWrt developers have their own ideas for a long-term strategy, as the common trend seems to be shifting to preinstalling Automated SysUpgrade and promoting OpenWrt Firmware Selector.

1 Like