OpenWrt doesn't reconnect wifi

Hello,
I connect my openwrt to wireless modem and i have normal access point used as wds. The problem is that the openwrt disconnects after awhile from rebooting and it doesn't connect again and only connects if i start wds access point and this is bothering because I don't need to make wds access point active all time.

This what uci wirless show

wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.path='platform/10180000.wmac'
wireless.radio0.band='2g'
wireless.radio0.htmode='HT20'
wireless.radio0.cell_density='0'
wireless.radio0.channel='5'
wireless.wifinet0=wifi-iface
wireless.wifinet0.device='radio0'
wireless.wifinet0.mode='sta'
wireless.wifinet0.network='wwan'
wireless.wifinet0.ssid='PEL'
wireless.wifinet0.encryption='psk2'
wireless.wifinet0.key='****'
wireless.wifinet1=wifi-iface
wireless.wifinet1.device='radio0'
wireless.wifinet1.ssid='PELDEV'
wireless.wifinet1.encryption='psk2'
wireless.wifinet1.key='*****'
wireless.wifinet1.network='lan'
wireless.wifinet1.mode='sta'
wireless.wifinet1.wds='1'

Then disable WDS on the upstream Access Point.

Also, I would troubleshoot your router rebooting.

BTW, channel 5 overlaps, only 1, 6 and 11 are non overlapping on 2.4 GHz.

1 Like

Running two STAs simultaneously on the same radio seldom works. At the least, the two APs would need to be on the same channel(*). If one of the APs is off the air, the wifi driver will dedicate all radio resources to searching for it, and the other STA will be inactive.

The travelmate package would be useful here. It will temporarily disable a STA while its AP is off the air. If more than one of the configured AP-STA links is available (AP on the air), it will prioritize to connect only one.

Running WDS on an AP really doesn't change much other than WDS STAs will be able to connect to it. It can still support non-WDS STA users the same as if WDS is disabled.

• When there is a STA active on the radio, the channel selected in configuration doesn't matter. The radio will tune to match the channel the AP is using. Any other functions of the radio will occur on only that channel.

Also you should always set the wifi-device country code to match your country for best WiFi results. Leaving it unset restricts to the limited subset of functionality that is legal in all countries.

1 Like

Thank you it worked and connected to wireless modem, But it doesn't connect to wds! and sorry for late reply.

Here i use a router as acess point and it is limited in setup so it won't work if disabled wds.