OpenWrt 22.03-rc6 "Build" for TV-boxes (rk322x)

@Wyk72 is it a good idea to install armbian and then openwrt in a virtual environment like docker to get maximum advantage of these boxes or there are good reasons just to stick with openwrt?

I installed armbian on my rk3229 Box with legacy kernel 4.19.x because it was possible to use NAND of the box and also wifi sv6052 works with around 35 Mbit/s up and down. USB3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter reaches around 270 Mbit/s and I can use it around this numbers as wireguard headend.

Could you please explain how to set up the vlan configuration and does this make sense with 100Mbit/s bottle neck?

Edit: I forgot to say... Great and awesome work! I wished already a long time that someone is able to port openwrt for these devices! Many thanks

@Wyk72 I installed it according to the instructions , but when i reboot and plug lan into my pc and set ip to 192.168.1.2 . I tried to access 192.168.1.1 but it not woking :frowning: . Pls help me fix it :frowning:

Hai @Wyk32. I'm really appreciate with this openwrt project you did for MXQ Pro device. I already follow your tutorial to install openwrt.gz to my device and its fully worked. However, i need to turn on the wi-fi because i really need it. My device was use RTL8189FS wifi-chips modules. I tried the command in forum which is tutorial how to enable the wi-fi, but somehow it was not work for me. This is what i type before :
echo rtl8189fs > /etc/modules.d/rtl8189fs

When i hit enter, the wi-fi still disabled. Can you tell me any ways to enable the wi-fi? Thanks before :pray:

You have to check if the module (.ko file) is present in the rootfs.

Can you please send the output of the command "cat /proc/cmdline" ? I don't remember if I disabled the whole wifi stack or just the internal wifi.

Attach an HDMI monitor and check the console at the box, if it boots properly than something else is wrong.

Well, running into LXC is another option. I don't know about performance.

I made some interesting tests about VLAN: it's generating way too much interrupts for such a limited hardware platform. So my inital "solution" was getting poor performance.

It's always better to use a simple USB network card for adding physical interfaces.

I try to use uart port and i saw , it don't boot . No signal and it only have led red .

After checking .ko file, i realize that realtek chipset wi-fi modules especially rtl8189fs have a bunch of problem compatibility with openwrt. I tried searching is that anyone success make a kmod for this wifi-chips, but it seems like no one can do it until now. Btw, this is output of "cat /proc/cmdline" of my devices :
root=PARTUUID=00628e24-02 init=/sbin/init rootwait console=ttyS2,115200 verbose=0 consoleblank=0

Hello sir i need help

After this and my rk3229 will be reboot
How to solve this, thanks

Hello, I downloaded the ath9k driver, the wifi adapter works, but there are errors.

Sun Aug 20 11:34:50 2023 daemon.notice wpa_supplicant[1086]: wwan1: Unknown event 37
Sun Aug 20 11:34:50 2023 daemon.notice wpa_supplicant[1086]: wwan1: CTRL-EVENT-BEACON-LOSS

It can be '5.16' from the kernel or '5.15' from the driver @Wyk72

an update.
I finally manage to boot this openwrt image into my box from SDcard.

so, for those whose already install Armbian into EMMC or NAND like me, and cannot install this openwrt to emmc/Nand.
here is another method to install on SDcard

1. download balena Etcher here.
  2. Get the OpenWRT image from mr @Wyk72 here
  3. open balena etcher and flash the OpenWRT image to SD Card
  4. after finished, the SD card should look like this
  5. Put SD card to the box and power on, if you see blue light immediately, then you have it. fresh OpenWRT booted from SD card.

big thanks to mr @Wyk72 , awesome work.

1 Like

Can anyone upload the 23.05.2 version for rk322x?

hi @Wyk72 and to all participants
curious to try openwrt on this tv box I bought one
but with unpleasant surprise I discover that it doesn't have a rockchip
but an H3, there are several reviews of this TV box and the one I have seems to be the more messed up one, I'm really lucky :slight_smile:
here's the card I'm talking about mxq pro 4k
could you compile openwrt for this device?