OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6 sixth release candidate

The rolling driver crash happens with Asix chipsets only.

1 Like

There is a bug in miniupnpd that results in no ports being forwarded.
The patch here solved my problem: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/17871#issuecomment-1207162628

But, the Luci UI does not show any active redirects (despite verifying it now works). I found the Luci issue here: https://github.com/openwrt/luci/issues/5678

Feels like this should work properly in a final release given how many people with game consoles rely on it.

4 Likes

watchcat broken for ping mode when not specifying address family (regression from 21.02.3), PR with fix is awaiting review: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/19084
workaround until this is fixed: specify the ping address family in the watchcat configuration

1 Like

Hi all.
Running 22.03.0 rc6 on these devices with various configs (router, repeater).

• Linksys MR8300 (ipq40xx generic)
  • Netgear R6220 (mt7621)

Thank you to anyone involved in the development, and let's hope the final is near.

2 Likes

Happily running rc6 on old RPi3

Using a USB to ethernet adapter with it and no issues at all , after I swapped AX88179 for AX88772C adapter

Great job to all in development.

I've already made a small donation

AX88179 ? I reported issues a few posts above yours.

And see this:

Xiaomi AC2350 running very smoothly. No problems so far. Haven't been near the firewall side at all yet.

1 Like

Hi dears,
22.03 rc6 on Archer C7 v4:
After a few days of non-stop using I had to power off and on the router. When it turned on refused to dynamically assign IP address.
Before turning off, I had disabled odhcpd and removed odhcp6c and odhcpv6only to get rid of some errors regarding "odhcp error ip V6 network unreachable". In fact I am only using IP V4. So I enabled odhcp and restarted it then rebooted the router and controlled if it is running. Odhcp was running. Finally I tried to connect to the router via dhcp but failed. Now, I am using static ip to connect to the router.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

What is the option DHCP - IP Sets exactly for? I wasn't able to find anything helpful about that very topic.

1 Like

Confirming same results for me.
Using 22.03.0 rc6 on Linksys MR8300 (Dallas) without issues. Using "standard" build from the download page.
Side note - had to increase the DTIM value due to issues with Apple iPhone hardware (this seems to be a "known" issue with Apple devices)

Smooth and stable. Less memory usage (more efficient). Hardware: Totolink X5000R
Package removed: dnsmasq, odhcpd-ipv6only
Package installed: unbound, wireguard-tools, privoxy, adblock, watchcat.

Thanks to all the developer of OpenWrt on earth.

Which exact vakues did you Set?

installed r6 on Cudy-X6

Ran tyrekick.sh
No problems.

model,OUI,testID,result-v1
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,inet-dns-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,ntp-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,uhttpd-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,firewall-fw4-test-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,opkg-unzip-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,iperf3-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,all-radio-on-000001,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,wireless-extra-options-radio0-2g-11-10-psk2,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,wireless-extra-options-radio1-5g-36-10-psk2+ccmp,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,radio0-2g-6-10-psk2,pass
CUDY-X6,b44bd6,radio1-5g-36-4-psk2,pass

Yes same one!

1 Like

Tested on NanoPI R4S ... works smooth.

(there are quite a lot information about ipsets from wiki articles to posts but) quick summary:
as the page explains you can specify ipset and domain name filter mappings. purpose is that when a domain name is resolved the resolved ip addresses are added to ipset.
then you can for example use the ipset in firewall config (*). whole things is dynamic in nature, in firewall you just reference to ipset name and not all the ip addresses individually, and also if ip address behind a domain name is changed then new ip address will also be added to ipset. mapping is many-to-many by the way, a domain name filter can be mapped to multiple ipsets, and multiple domain name filter can be mapped to single ipset. domain name filter matches from right to left, so example.com will match to *.example.com sub domains too.

it used to work with dnsmasq-full not sure if it's still the case in 22.03. also you'll need ipset package.

(*) with 22.03's fw4/nftables this might not work though as it requires nftset supported dnsmasq which is in 2.87 as I guess, and not yet in the 2.86 version 22.03 release is coming with.

3 Likes

Any chance, that ModemManager 1.18.8 will be part of OpenWRT 22.03 final package repository?
An important feature has been added in MM 1.18.8:

1 Like

For Apple devices, DTIM 3 seems to work best. On a busy 2.4, DTIM 4 might work better.

3 Likes

Installed and running on a BTHH5, connected to an ADSL service.
The bootloop issue, https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/9829 is a pain.
The more immediate issue I have is that the system log is recording several lines stating:
Mon Aug 15 06:34:23 2022 daemon.err odhcp6c[12566]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Network unreachable) Mon Aug 15 06:36:16 2022 daemon.err odhcp6c[12566]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Network unreachable) Mon Aug 15 06:38:09 2022 daemon.err odhcp6c[12566]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Network unreachable),
every few minutes.
Although I do not use IPv6, it is enabled and addresses are assigned for all connected devices.
Disabling IPv6 in all the places I can find, increases the number of error messages.
One thread suggests it is caused by the package "Odhcpd-ipv6", and can be resolved by disabling 'it'.
Unfortunately I do not understand the given solution.
How do I eliminate this error?
Regards.

I actually googled a lot but couldn't figure out what information was actually relevant here. Most is with reference to fw3 and a lots of the information does not fit together. One doc say an ipset is to be defined within the dhcp scope, which LUCI also does. Another doc says it's to be defined within the firewall scope. I also saw some comments about ipsets within the release candidate threads. Maybe this topic needs to have some updated docs.

I even tried to create an ipset and to use it with the firewall configuration but without success. I did not install the ipset package though. Is the assumption right, that ipset based firewall rules cannot be created via LUCI but only via UCI commands or via uci config files? Too many riddles for me still.