OpenWrt 21.02.1 - WRT3200ACM - OpenVPN Client don't start

We see a tun0 in the log but not in Luci. And I guess you have added a script while it was not necessary if you are running OpenWrt 21.0+ ( 3. Add DNS updater script (skip this step if running OpenWRT 21.0+)).

Ok, I restart again....delete and recreate VPN....

Don't do it again. I haven't and it works as expected.
And don't forget to delete the file you have created (/etc/openvpn/client.sh).

Here are the network devices in my WRT3200ACM

last night I tried and tried dozens of times and looking on the net I also found different guides and perhaps the last configuration was not that of the manual.

Now I have re-execute the Protonvpn steps but when I need set the adapter tun0 I don't find it.....

Can you help me to finish the configuration please?

The tun0 device is a "virtual Ethernet port", packets sent there don't go to hardware-- they will be encrypted by OpenVPN and sent to through the tunnel to the VPN server. OpenVPN creates the tun0 device as one of the last things while it is starting up.

Not having tun0 means that the vpn client was unable to start-- read the log again and find the error. In the first case it was due to having a configuration which wants to execute a script, but the script file did not exist. Remove any reference to up / down scripts you don't need them.

Instead of posting screenshots, copy the text out of the log window and paste it into a code box (</> on the top row of the editor window) in your post.

remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/ch_us.auth
pull
fast-io

script-security 2
up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

<ca>

Do I remove the 2 up/down scripts?

Thanks to everyone, unfortunately the time they gave me to close the project to have a working vpn has expired and I couldn't. I have been an Oracle DBA Manager for many years but unfortunately I have never dealt with networks and for this reason I have also asked stupid questions or made mistakes in this configuration. We had an emergency in the company and they asked me to create this vpn with OpenWrt in 24 hours.

Best regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.