OpenWrt 21.02.1 First service release

I have the Redmi AC2100 and i can say, this release has borked something.

My router randomly reboots, and nslookups from clients randomly time out.

There seems to be no issue if querying from the router itself.

1 Like

Successfully installed (sysupgrade from 21.02.0) on a Netgear WNR3700v4.

I'm trying snapshot and I'm happy with the results I'm getting. Wifi seems more stable.

1 Like

I also felt a decrease in performance changing from 19.07 (scp07), can't really say what it is but signal strengh/range could be one of them

Updated Wireless AP TP-Link Archer A7 v5 from 19.07.8 to 21.02.1 from Luci keeping configuration.
Update was very quick, device came back fully operational including Luci with HTTPS using Let's Encrypt cert even before installing additional packages.

Excellent work by all involved, as always.

Question for devs....
Is there likely to be a 21.02.2 incorporating the WiFi patch for the Linksys WRT devices?

5 Likes

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/openwrt-21.02
And there was a spectacular massive amount of commits included for 21.02-snapshot 2days ago.
Do any one know where all these commits “came from” and how many bugs did they fix?

It seems to be many commits related to wifi problems?

Backporting stuff from master, so that the February 2021 based 21.02 branch resembles more the current wifi status at the current master. (So that config and behaviour variation between 21.02 and master is small for those who use both.)

3 Likes

So then the big question from the audience probably becomes if we will see a 21.02.2 soon?

3 Likes

"if", yes (although not necessarily because of this particular fix).
"when", you'll see it, once it's there.

2 Likes
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.notice hostapd: Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy1.conf (phy wlan1) --> new PHY
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.err hostapd: Line 46: unknown configuration item 'snoop_iface'
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.err hostapd: Line 54: unknown configuration item 'vlan_no_bridge'
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.err hostapd: Line 56: unknown configuration item 'qos_map_set'
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.err hostapd: 3 errors found in configuration file '/var/run/hostapd-phy1.conf'
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.err hostapd: Failed to set up interface with /var/run/hostapd-phy1.conf
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.notice netifd: radio1 (14191): Command failed: Invalid argument
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.notice netifd: radio1 (14191): Device setup failed: HOSTAPD_START_FAILED
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.notice netifd: Wireless device 'radio1' set retry=0
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.crit netifd: Wireless device 'radio1' setup failed, retry=0
Sat Nov 27 12:36:14 2021 daemon.notice netifd: Wireless device 'radio1' is now down

I updated the list, and then upgraded the upgradeable items one by one. After all the upgrades were completed, my wifi could not be turn on, and the log was as above.
I am very sad, the stable version(21.02.1) I used, the normal upgrade of the components, there are also problems.
I tried to use ssh to connect to the router and delete the three error items in the hostapd-phy1.conf file. The wireless function is enabled, but the dhcp service cannot be obtained from the phone.

Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Just updated two of my TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 v4 from v19.07.7 to v21.02.1 without any issues. Everything worked very smoothly, thank you.

1 Like

I'll certainly be interested to see if the .2 release does anything for the reboot-and-get-a-new-WAN-IP issue discussed early in the thread. Still no clue what's going on with that or have a better idea how wide an issue it is given the small sampling.

It also happens without a reboot.

Running ifup wan gives me a new WAN IP as well.

It might be worth comparing /etc/init.d/network in 19.07 with what it is now. Maybe that will shed some light. If I somehow manage to figure out the source code system here, I'll try tomorrow.

Update: Tried and failed. I have no idea where it is.

Good evening,

since update from 21.02.0 to .1 my wpa2 enterprise is broken on my ubiquiti ap ac pro. Same problem existed in May:

With the latest snapshot it is running again.
:wink:
Anyone else with that problem?

2 Likes

I tried with .1 and don't have similar issue.

Exactly, I do the same for a router and a few dumb AP's. Keep track of changes in git. I try to keep the uci scripts as idempotent as possible. I might push all scripts into one someday since there's quite some overlap. But pretty happy using uci code :+1:

1 Like

I encountered the same problem today with WPA2 Enterprise being broken on a Ubiquity AP AC Lite after going from 21.02.0 to 21.02.1. I decided to downgrade for now.

Is there any workaround known?