OpenWrt 21.02.1 First service release

Done and updated.

guys why this error is happening? since latest reversion 1 is working totally. so weeeeeird.

Yesterday I bricked my router with the latest snapshot, it's a GL-inet S1300, but to 21.02.1 and it works fine. I recovered it with uboot, with the snapshot the wired connections were working, but I was unable to access luci with wire and wifi was off after the update.

Is is just as bad today as when wrt3200acm was first invented and put on the market.
It didn’t became better when the manufacturer of the wifi chip was bought and they made this device wifi chip discontinued which was the final nail in the coffin for a meaningful wifi on Linkys wrt3200acm.

Model Linksys EA3500:
performed upgrade 21.02.1: take a bit of time after failed soft bricks
finally was able to upgrade using the 21.02.1 downloads.openwrt.org but now no wireless config, looking through cli and through luci, uci.

Originally I had compiled from kirkwood 21.02.1 did a git pull compiled as usual, no errors the manifest showed what this model uses for wireless to work it was compiled into the manifest but this firmware didn't want to flash it kept soft bricking.

The size of the firmware is basic essentials for this router that I've used since the beginning it's support from lede to openwrt.

In the beginning when lede was flashed I had flashed this router twice since It wasn't going back to oem and now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with no being able to flash it now using a custom build but I could start over with another compilation but it's never compiled without wifi support till now?

If this doesn't work then I guess I could try to revert back to oem and start from scratch.

Edited: I had rewritten my statement some in order to make some sense on what I'm going through upgrading 21.02.1 on the kirkwood audi ea3500 router.

Edited #2:I was able to compile once again, no errors during build compilation or after, I was able to flashed the same firmware with wireless functioning even though the marvell isn't updated 2.4 still works maybe not for high bandwidth connections but works fine for me on 50/5 connection not the best but okay.

Thanks to all who work on openwrt have a great year.

regards

2 Likes

Are you using a snapshot build? If so, I have this issue, HW Flow Offload needs to be disabled to solve the random reboots. More details here.

Incase it isn't clear by now, you do have to install luci via SSH on the snapshot builds. It may not have been bricked.

Curious if you stuck with 21.02.1 or switched to latest snapshot for wrt1900acs wifi performance. I've been running an older snapshot for some time, but I think the wifi performance still leaves something to be desired.

I have been using 21.02.1 on all three devices but because the wifi on wrt3200 is not very stable, i.e. intermittently slowdown, I just turned it off and let the other two handle all the wifi activities. My wrt3200 is still the main router behind the modem and the other two are 2 dummy AP.

1 Like

A late but very happy success message for sysupgrade on TP-Link Archer C6 v2 from 19.07.5. Confirmed features: keep config, WDS, VLAN (still swconfig), opkg, sqm.
Thanks, devs, for this hassle-free procedure!

I just upgraded from 19.07.8 to 21.02.1 on my wrt1900acs and the wifi is not stable. I hope the next release will fix this.

I'm facing the same issue. At the moment I'm testing a 21.02 snapshot:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/

See also

2 Likes

Thanks for the link but it seems that it is for wrt3200ACM and WRT32X
I'm waiting for the next release, it was quite long and painful to do the migration. The less versions I install the better.

It is the same problematic wifi driver in WRT1900ACS...
Either use 19.07.x or 21.02-snapshot

Upgrading from 21.02.1 to 21.02-snapshot and to further to 21.02.2 should be easy. (If 21.02.2 would be tagged and built now, it would be same as the current 21.02-snapshot.)

1 Like

Ok thank you.

21.02.2 is tagged AND building right now...

1 Like

Now running 21.02.2 on an Archer C7 v2.

1 Like

Oh yeah, there it is (preliminarily, of course):

For anyone who experienced the reboot-and-get-a-new-WAN-IP issue (also reproducible with ifup wan), I'd love to know if it's still there.

It is for me.

1 Like

With release 21.02.2, WDS on Archer C60v2 works again. Thank you!