OpenWrt 21.02.0 Fourth release candidate

You can build your own images with the packages you need. OpenWRT tends to go for the more optimized, space effective solutions because it targets everything from x86 to cheap 10$ devices with barely enough flash memory available. That extra 225KB might be 1/4 of the available space post-flashing.

2 Likes

No problems whatsoever on my R3Gv1 running rc4 as dumb access point. A big thanks to the devs !

1 Like

so I noticed that in /etc/modules.d/ a file called 49-ipt-ipset but the other ipt kmods had no number prefix. renamed the file to remove the '49-', rebooted, now appears to be working. guessing the 'core' module was loading out of order.

I have deployed a WDR4300 with RC4 and everything smooth so far except one thing

single port randomly disconnects, and then comes back, it does not happen often, but more than once in 24 hours so far.

[17102.022944] Atheros AR8216/AR8236/AR8316 mdio.0:00: Port 4 is down
[17127.621356] Atheros AR8216/AR8236/AR8316 mdio.0:00: Port 4 is up

First of all, the obvious and easiest thing to do: Check that there's nothing physically wrong with the port and the cable. Even though RJ45 ports are usually robust, they are not completely resistant to the elements, and cables can also develop faults, manifesting in intermittent connection issues. (From own experience: deoxidizer and a q-tip really do work wonders.)

1 Like

There are still link quality issues after MT76 driver update. Details are in the following topic:

Never encountered similar issues on Xiaomi Redmi 2100, MT7621. upgraded all the way from RC2-RC3-RC4, even tested several snapshots build. Anyway I set "Flow control" under windows NIC to off, maybe you can try it out?

Hi, I have the exact same device (Redmi AC2100), did not try to upgrade since it is my main router, and I did not want to interrupt with other family members.

Can you please tell me how 21.02 is working on this device? 2.4G and 5G signal, ethernet performance, etc?

Hi, all.
Recently, I upgraded my Redmi AC2100, to the rc4 from previous 19.07.7 snapshot.
(Just FYI, I use both experimental options software and hardware flow offloading).

It seems Wifi is more stable, more fluid.
(I wroted on my personal tuto all steps to sysupgrade correctly, inspired by the official page wiki).

Hello all - I am not running RC4, but a slightly older master. Discovered a possible bug. Can anyone confirm whether it is still there?

In LUCI, go to network -> interfaces -> devices -> configure e.g. one of the wifi wlan0 (check a box like Send ICMP redirects)

The RESET button, when you hover over, gives a tool tip of "DELETE". And when you press Reset, UCI queues up an edit e.g.: uci del ...... cfg9827634. Sometimes even uci del network.@device[-1]

But when you apply, the whole device ceases to function. So this is not a RESET, but an actual DELETE. Seems rather at odds. Should it reset the CFG or should it actually delete the device (antonymous to the add device cfg button)?

Just updated two Archer C7 V5 from 21.03 rc3. Everything is working fine. Thanks a lot!

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. If you browse manually, the package does exist at something like: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0-rc4/targets/ipq40xx/generic/packages/librt_1.1.24-3_arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4.ipk

Obviously you might need to change for your target, that's for my 7530 (ipq40xx based)

I ended up downloading and installing manually, then using Luci to install the rest. (I needed librt for Avahi)

I tried to install after manually searching:

I tried the "Downolad and Install" Option... should i use "Upload Package"?

Yeah I had to download the ipk to my computer then use upload to install it.

Working so far: wired 1G LAN speed, 2.4g/5g wifi
Not working as expected:

1. DSA based VLAN, cannot figure it out even with instruction on the forum, but not required so I just made a workaround method
  2. HWNAT has soft-irq seen in htop, max internet speed capped to 550M(wired internet)/300M(wifi internet)
  3. Updating from rc3 but Luci told me config version not compatible, don't know why because I used same config from rc2 to rc3 with no issue, nevertheless I compiled rc4 myself and added config in /files and it worked.

Where can I find the above pic in this release

try to uncheck "Disassociate On Low Acknowledgement"

Where can I view the lan port connect speed eg. 100 or 1000

Thanks

RC4 not working correctly on DIR 878 (MT7621). All seemed fine until trying gaming where intermittently (every 10s-2mins) I had massive lag spikes making the game unplayable. I am connected wired.

CPU load and RAM usage are both fine when it happens. I am connected via DHCP from my cable router in modem mode.

Both the kernel and system log seemed unremarkable.

I have not tested previous versions but I have tested the latest snapshot and the issue persists.

I have noticed another person mentioning this on his DIR 878 on this thread, but no further mention of resolution. I have tried with SQM on but it had no effect.

I have had to revert back to stock due to this

After updating from RC3 to RC4, Atheros WDS wireless network bridge stopped working.
Rolled back to RC3, and WDS wireless bridge is working again.
Hardware : Tp-link Archer A7