OpenWrt 21.02.0 first release candidate

Another disadvantage for 21.02.0 is the speed on the wire, with wrt1900acs v2 I can no longer exceed 870Mbps.
Otherwise everything works well, congratulations for the hard work!

2 Likes

I enumerated all / most ?? of the new current possible uci config options in post. A working example follows that post, dealing with getting your WLAN into the fray.

1 Like

@F5BJR I only installed ntfs-3g, not the kmod version. There is definitely a bug, it won't automount, unless I missed a package to install somewhere.

@oli my cable modem only reaches 500/35 Mbits. But SQM Cake has no issue shaping at this speed, excellent results on dslreports, straight A+, no pings exceed 5ms during max load. Maybe there a regression nearing gigabit related to DSA? Not sure.

Looks nice. I have noticed over time that the seems to be problem with LuCI, DSA and WLAN. The good news for me is that my WLAN is on a single access point on the wall connected to a Managed PoE switch.

So I only need to get all my VLAN:s working in the router with DSA for the Ethernet connectors on the router.

Since I don’t use the WLAN I have had some thought lately to instead install the snapshot to have LuCI support for DSA to make the first VLAN config as I want it. And then to see how the system rewrites the config files.

And then rewrite my own config scripts for the 21.02 branch.

does it mean i can't simply upgrade from v19 to v20 on my Linksys WRT routers, but have to reinstall the whole configuration?

Yes.
For the mvebu WRTxxxACx routers, you need changes to to /etc/config/system and /etc/config/network.
You shouldn't sysupgrade with those files in place. (and you can't restore them from old backups)
DSA for mvebu happened in master already in last June, so this is nothing really new (except if you have stayed with 19.07).

Ps.
The recommendation is to sysupgrade without settings, but a quick-and-dirty approach is to remove /etc/config/network and /etc/config/system before sysupgrade and keep the other settings. Those two will be re-generated at the first boot with the new firmware, so you get the new defaults. (E.g. renaming those to network.old and system.old before sysupgrade is sufficient. That has worked nicely for me with R7800 kernel 5.10 DSA testing)

4 Likes

I don’t think we can say it like this because in practical terms, if it isn’t in stable release then there is not availible.

1 Like

Luci still remains the same. Big mistake for the future.
I understand that security and new capabilities are the most important thing, and that the experts (not my case) are very comfortable configuring their devices from the command line, a minority according to what can be read in the forum. ..but what about the rest of us here "contributing" to this forum and we don't have that level of knowledge?
Intuitive, is the word.
Even Mikrotik has a quick setup page for dummies, and of course Luci is light years away from Gargoyle's interface. We have to address the interface issue now, or it will become very outdated.
If someone is going to answer me "Do it yourself", save it, nice phrase but nothing constructive. The small contributions that I have made to this forum have always been without expecting anything in return, I believe that each one should contribute according to their abilities.
I apologize in advance to those who may be offended.

7 Likes

thanks, i removed the 2 configs i applied you said, it works, i just had to migrate the configs for those 2 configs, so it is not so bad... thanks for the help!

1 Like

R7800 VHT 160 mhz not working anymore:

hostapd: DFS start_dfs_cac() failed, -1

I've noticed a small increase in performance for Cake SQM on my device. I'm CPU bound, but 21.02 managed to squeeze another 15-20Mbps out.

hello everybody i have a belkin rt3200 (linksyse8450) snapshot is what available soon for 21.02 or not

the snapshot is already on DSA i think ...no ?

thanks

2 Likes

No, I believe this one got added post 21.02 branching.

Yes, DSA it is.

2 Likes

Same for me. Bootlooping after sysupgrade from 19.07.7. Also CPE210 v1.

I got an error while trying to compile a VDI image on openwrt 21.02.0.

WARNING: Install qemu-img to create VDI/VMDK images
Makefile:150: recipe for target '/ext-HD/openwrt/build_dir/target-x86_64_musl/linux-x86_64/tmp/openwrt-x86-64-generic-squashfs-combined.vdi' failed
make[5]: *** [/ext-HD/openwrt/build_dir/target-x86_64_musl/linux-x86_64/tmp/openwrt-x86-64-generic-squashfs-combined.vdi] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/ext-HD/openwrt/target/linux/x86/image'
Makefile:22: recipe for target 'install' failed
make[4]: *** [install] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/ext-HD/openwrt/target/linux/x86'
Makefile:11: recipe for target 'install' failed
make[3]: *** [install] Error 2

xiaomi mi r3g - bug with the 21.02.0 rc1
Intermitent DHCP service issue on restart. not offering dhcp service after a reboot but some time it does.

Please install qemu-img, as written in the error message.

2 Likes

Device: RB750Gr3
dmesg: br-lan: received packet on lan2 with own address as source address (addr:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, vlan:0)

Has anyone got the wifi working for the raspberry pi 4? I am very happy btw that the pi is officially support ed now. Cheers

Haven't bothered trying to get better settings, but I've got it working.

Mode: AC
Channel: 136
Width: 40MHz
Country Code: US
Force 40MHz Mode

1 Like