The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the eighth service release of OpenWrt 19.07. It fixes security issues, improves device support, and brings a few bug fixes.
The main changes from OpenWrt 19.07.7 are:
- Fix FragAttacks (fragmentation and aggregation attacks) vulnerabilities in cfg80211, mac80211, ath10k and ath10k-ct
- We are not sure if some closed source firmware files are still affected by these problems.
- Security Advisory 2021-08-01-1 - XSS via missing input validation of host names displayed (CVE-2021-32019)
- Security Advisory 2021-08-01-2 - Stored XSS in hostname UCI variable (CVE-2021-33425)
- Security Advisory 2021-08-01-3 - luci-app-ddns: Multiple authenticated RCEs (CVE-2021-28961)
- Various security fixes in packages
- Minor bugfixes to support GCC 11 as host compiler
- TP-Link C7v5 allow flashing from vendor firmware bigger than v1.1
- FRIZZ!Box 7320 Activate power supply to USB ports.
- Only pack the signing keys for OpenWrt 19.07 and 21.02 and not the personal keys any more.
- Update Linux kernel from 4.14.221 to 4.14.241
- Update mac80211 from 4.19.161-1 to 4.19.193-1
- Update ath10k-ct 4.19 driver from 2019-09-09 to 2021-06-03
- Update OpenVPN from 2.4.7 to 2.4.11
- Update openssl from 1.1.1i to 1.1.1k
- Update mbedtls from 2.16.9 to 2.16.10
- Update wolfssl from 4.6.0 to 4.7.0
Full release notes and upgrade instructions are available at
In particular, make sure to read the regressions and known issues before upgrading:
For a very detailed list of all changes since 19.07.7, refer to
For latest information about the 19.07 series, refer to the wiki at:
To download a OpenWrt 19.07.8 firmware image for your device, head to the Table of Hardware:
Or use the new firmware selector:
You can also navigate directly in the list of firmware images:
As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers, testers, documenters, and supporters.
The OpenWrt Community
To stay informed of new OpenWrt releases and security advisories, there
are new channels available:
a low-volume mailing list for important announcements:
a dedicated "announcements" section in the forum:
other announcement channels (such as RSS feeds) might be added in the
future, they will be listed at https://openwrt.org/contact