I am extremely proud to announce the release of OpenWISP 22.05!
In the last 18 months we have done a terrific job at making the system more stable, fixing bugs, adding important features that are essential to manage production networks and improving documentation.
This release comes after many iterations and testing on real world production systems.
- Added support for remotely executing shell commands on devices
- Added automatic provisioning of Subnets and IPs
- Added support for WireGuard and VXLAN tunnels
- Added required templates
- Most modules have a fully featured REST API
- The web UI theme has been modernized with the aim to improve user experience
- OpenWISP Monitoring has been added to ansible-openwisp2 and docker-openwisp
- OpenWISP RADIUS has been added to ansible-openwisp2 and docker-openwisp
- OpenWISP WIFi Login Pages 1.0.0 has been released and a dedicated ansible role has been created to allow deploying it
- There have been significant advancements and improvements in Docker OpenWISP
As usual, if you are using the official ansible role you can upgrade by following its upgrade instructions,
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR CURRENT INSTANCE BEFORE UPGRADING.
Complete list of changes
For the exhaustive list of changes, please refer to the change log of the modules you're interested in:
- Ansible OpenWISP 2
- OpenWISP Controller
- openwisp-config OpenWrt package
- OpenWISP IPAM
- OpenWISP Monitoring
- openwisp-monitoring OpenWrt package
- OpenWISP Firmware Upgrader
- OpenWISP Network Topology
- OpenWISP RADIUS
- OpenWISP WiFi Login Pages
- Ansible Wireguard OpenWISP
- Ansible OpenWISP WiFi Login Pages
Many thanks to all the contributors and OpenWrt users who made this possible!