Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

Fantastic. just built on 18.06.4 thank you so much.

@aparcar Idea is so good but unfortunately none button works

@aparcar -

question - is 'snapshot' pointed at 18.06 or 19.07? could you add the choice?
thanks much to you for this build tool!

Raspberry Pi 3B - 19.07
v. 4.19.62

Build failure - Netgear 6220 (mt7621) - SNAPSHOT.

https://chef.libremesh.org/download/faillogs/faillog-833f8680eb49.txt

same problem reported as the previous user, error in the creation of snapshot mt7628an for my tplink 840 v4, days that I cannot compile and mentions incompatible package selection even though it is selected by default.

https://chef.libremesh.org/download/faillogs/faillog-431b974a9791.txt

I’ve submitted a similar issue on GitHub. The problem is the export PROFILE="tl-wr840n-v4" part. It seems like in recent snapshots profiles have been renamed to have manufacturer at the beginning. In your case the correct profile is tp-link_ tl-wr840n-v4.

Here’s the issue I’ve opened - explaining how to circumvent the error:

Basically in your case, you can build the image with the following steps:

git clone https://github.com/aparcar/meta-imagebuilder && cd meta-imagebuilder/
export TARGET="ramips/mt76x8"
export PROFILE="tp-link_tl-wr840n-v4"
export DISTRO="openwrt"
export VERSION="snapshot"
export REQUEST_HASH="431b974a9791"
export PACKAGES_HASH="8312a1326025"
export DEFAULTS_HASH=""
export REQUEST_ID="7692"
export PACKAGES="uci base-files kmod-mt7603 kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio ppp dropbear fstools urandom-seed kmod-ipt-offload logd ppp-mod-pppoe uclient-fetch odhcpd-ipv6only luci -libgcc mtd ip6tables odhcp6c dnsmasq -libc urngd iptables busybox swconfig opkg firewall netifd wpad-basic"
export IMAGE_HASH="None"
./meta image
1 Like

Snapshots are master builds. It's not an alias to a release

first off thank you for the work you have done.

adding this edit before my orginal post, i am going to test these seems all my test images are listed as an asus rt ac87u..

i tried 2 quick builds for a wndr3400v3 since i can not compile without toolchain failures which i will test shortly. My second test was for a R8000 which completes but downloading I get a firmware image for asus rt ac87u, with no other way to download the firmware for my device netgear r8000, it seems like the dozen plus compiles I have done for this router with the profile bcm53xx it builds every router profile under the bcm53xx target so i looks to then give me download link for the first image in alphabetic order. I had this issue with source and imagebuildr. i did find a closed (I think) ticket for this issue with a patch which was 1-2 years old and said applied. Again thanks for the work my issue is inherent to openwrt not your work unfortunately it affects all firmware's under the bcm53xx profile.

Please try the refactored version at https://aparcar.stephen304.com/

I hope it's somewhat more stable for snapshots. Other version likely follow soon, there are various upstream issues I'm trying to fix.

@aparcar -
i have tried building for wrt32x on your snapshot site. ithere were errors reported 'as:
Model: Linksys WRT32X (Venom)
Version: SNAPSHOT (r10847-853e4dd306)
Target: mvebu/cortexa9/undefined

however, images were built and review of the log file shows everythin go.
let me know if you want to see the log and how to get it to you.
thank you for continuing to develop this great tool.

I tried building for the Netgear R7800. It did something and then said " Incompatible package selection. See build log for details Build log".
No build to download was presented.

### BUILD COMMAND:

export REQUEST_ID="13"
export REQUEST_HASH="47682b28afc2"
export IMAGE_HASH="None"
export DISTRO="openwrt"
export VERSION="snapshot"
export TARGET="ipq806x/generic"
export PROFILE="netgear_r7800"
export PACKAGES_HASH="99b092f8d83f"
export DEFAULTS_HASH=""
export PACKAGES="mtd odhcpd-ipv6only base-files ppp-mod-pppoe kmod-usb3 dnsmasq odhcp6c kmod-leds-gpio kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-usb-ohci -libgcc uboot-envtools busybox dropbear uclient-fetch netifd wpad-basic ppp iptables kmod-usb-dwc3-of-simple kmod-ata-ahci-platform kmod-ath10k-ct urandom-seed kmod-ipt-offload kmod-usb-ledtrig-usbport urngd uci -libc logd kmod-ata-ahci kmod-usb2 fstools swconfig opkg ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct kmod-usb-core firewall ip6tables kmod-usb-phy-qcom-dwc3 kmod-ata-core"
./meta image

### STDERR:

download checksums and signature
verifying sha256sums signature
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 23 01:05:06 2019 UTC
gpg:                using RSA key 6D9278A33A9AB3146262DCECF93525A88B699029
gpg: Good signature from "OpenWrt Build System (PGP key for unattended snapshot builds) <pgpsign-snapshots@openwrt.org>" [ultimate]
gpg:                 aka "LEDE Build System (LEDE GnuPG key for unattended build jobs) <lede-adm@lists.infradead.org>" [ultimate]
Primary key fingerprint: 54CC 7430 7A2C 6DC9 CE61  8269 CD84 BCED 6264 71F1
     Subkey fingerprint: 6D92 78A3 3A9A B314 6262  DCEC F935 25A8 8B69 9029
Trying /var/lib/asu/worker/usign/b5043e70f9a75cde...
...verified
verified sha256sums signature.
ImageBuilder is up-to-date
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_core
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/base/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_base
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/luci/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_luci
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/packages/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_packages
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/routing/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_routing
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/telephony/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/openwrt_telephony
Downloading file:packages/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq806x/../../../../../../../../../../../../../var/lib/asu/worker/imagebuilder/openwrt/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/dl/imagebuilder
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: libubox20170601 is 18353 bytes, expecting 18424 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mtd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: odhcpd-ipv6only is 34424 bytes, expecting 34427 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package odhcpd-ipv6only.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: libubox20170601 is 18353 bytes, expecting 18424 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package base-files.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ppp-mod-pppoe is 10765 bytes, expecting 10774 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ppp-mod-pppoe.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: libubus20170705 is 9505 bytes, expecting 9520 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dnsmasq.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: odhcp6c is 26048 bytes, expecting 26059 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package odhcp6c.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: busybox is 234243 bytes, expecting 234218 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package busybox.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: dropbear is 83646 bytes, expecting 83651 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dropbear.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: uclient-fetch is 7693 bytes, expecting 7659 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uclient-fetch.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: netifd is 69778 bytes, expecting 69776 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package netifd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: wpad-basic is 326106 bytes, expecting 325881 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wpad-basic.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ppp is 111123 bytes, expecting 111110 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ppp.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: libnl-tiny is 13163 bytes, expecting 13164 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-ath10k-ct.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: urandom-seed is 1543 bytes, expecting 1544 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package urandom-seed.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: urngd is 5405 bytes, expecting 5410 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package urngd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: uci is 7479 bytes, expecting 7481 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uci.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: logd is 10661 bytes, expecting 10663 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package logd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: swconfig is 9468 bytes, expecting 9469 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package swconfig.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: opkg is 66995 bytes, expecting 66989 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package opkg.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct is 478937 bytes, expecting 478928 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package firewall.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct is 478937 bytes, expecting 478928 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: busybox is 234243 bytes, expecting 234218 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package busybox.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: dropbear is 83646 bytes, expecting 83651 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dropbear.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: logd is 10661 bytes, expecting 10663 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package logd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: netifd is 69778 bytes, expecting 69776 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package netifd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: odhcp6c is 26048 bytes, expecting 26059 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package odhcp6c.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: odhcpd-ipv6only is 34424 bytes, expecting 34427 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package odhcpd-ipv6only.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: opkg is 66995 bytes, expecting 66989 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package opkg.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ppp is 111123 bytes, expecting 111110 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ppp.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: ppp-mod-pppoe is 10765 bytes, expecting 10774 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ppp-mod-pppoe.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: swconfig is 9468 bytes, expecting 9469 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package swconfig.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: uci is 7479 bytes, expecting 7481 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uci.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: uclient-fetch is 7693 bytes, expecting 7659 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package uclient-fetch.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: urandom-seed is 1543 bytes, expecting 1544 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package urandom-seed.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: urngd is 5405 bytes, expecting 5410 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package urngd.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package size mismatch: wpad-basic is 326106 bytes, expecting 325881 bytes
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wpad-basic.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:158: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:128: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:211: manifest] Error 2

I think the request works now, see here (link only valid for a day as the snapshot is removed afterwards). However I'm not entirely sure how the package size mismatch error still appears... I'm on it

lets try this images kitchen :smiley: and first problem,have Buffalo WHR-WHRG300 v2,that one with Atheros chip,no this model in images pan just G301N :grin:

Sorry I don't fully understand, The Buffalo WH-G301N is supported

yes G301N is supported,but G300N v2 is not :grinning:will be nice some wiki or "how to" how use your image "pan".

Has this been abandoned? the server has been down for weeks and the two betas don't function properly either (can only get snapshot version on one of them) with what apears to be no movement on those to fix them for some time.. be sad if is the case.:cry:

Hope everything is well with you aparcar and may you return soon :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like

This project still alive?

Hi, yes this project is still alive but I'm currently trying to fix stuff under the hood, meaning in OpenWrt itself what often take time - sorry for that!

Will update this as soon as my upstream patches are accepted!

3 Likes

I am trying to edit Generic image with target for x64, but page return error. Does the project still work?