Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

I was using nlbwmon before wrtbwmon :slightly_smiling_face:

The reason why I use wrtbwmon is that it has realtime bandwith monitoring.
So I can see who is hogging my bandwidth :slight_smile:

thank you i've been looking for this

Have a quick question.. I have created my own custom firmware on the website, but that was weeks ago and since then many packages have been upgraded yet when I try to generate a new firmware with same (but updated) packages it just gives me the same link to my last firmware created. Is there a way to force to create a new firmware with the updated packages? Seems a liitle weird you can only generate one and then wait until it gets deleted? Have I missed something? Thanks in advance.

Hi, please see this issue to understand the problem. I have to optimize the database query, if you have experience with that I'm happy to elaborate.

1 Like

I dont sorry, thanks for clarifying the issue.

I can try to help with the database issue.

Could this tool be used to build a custom image the header values overridden in tp-link.mk?

I'm trying to recover from a bad flash I caused by stopping in mid-process without realizing, and I think I'm running into the issue described here:

Note: the TFTP flashing process requires that the product hardware id and version in the new image header match those in the existing image in flash, otherwise the new image is rejected, flashing is cancelled and the bootloader proceeds to boot the old image.

While this would be a fine safety feature in another context, it means the recovery process can reject a valid new image if the image in flash is corrupted. Unfortunately, such corruption can easily occur if the flashing process is interrupted: when an image is accepted, the flashing process first erases the whole space, which takes a while, and then writes the new image. If this process is interrupted during the erasure phase, the in flash header will appear as all 0xFF, and further recovery attempts will therefore fail because the header hardware id and version values will no longer match. If this happens, you'll need to try either a serial connection, or building an image with the header values overridden (in tp-link.mk set TPLINK_HWREV and TPLINK_HWID to 0xffffffff ).

Thanks for any help or even pointers in the right direction...

Hi @dsteven53, this is currently not supported and very specific, therefore out of scope for this project. However, if you need help build an image yourself, please send a PM.

Great work. Thanks for taking the time to do it properly, @aparcar :slight_smile:

We are getting this:

"You're not moving forward in queue for a long time, please report this"

Worker was down. Should work again, please check!

1 Like

Worker generates some unusual files and for all of them we are getting this error when doing a sysupgrade:

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

Previously we were able to obtain the usual files:

*-squashfs-factory.bin
*-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Device is a TL-WL841ND v8. Anyone else getting similar results?

i'm just running a build now on my own environment a few months ago i built v18.06.0 rc2 for tp-link wa801n/ND v5 it built fine on my own machine ubuntu 18.04 64x while i'm waiting for my build of the latest master snapshot to build i thought i'd take a look at your server see if it had the profile available yet

it doesnt have the option to build for mediatec mips chips for the current snapshot

Having this error on ddns. How correct this?

Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/ddns'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/ddns.lua:107: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/ddns.lua:107: in function 'service_version'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/ddns.lua:117: in function 'service_ok'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/ddns/overview.lua:20: in function 'func'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:66: in function 'load'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:841: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:835>

Package list is as follows:

ip6tables
odhcp6c
base-files
mtd
fstools
busybox
wpad-mini
kmod-gpio-button-hotplug
logd
swconfig
kmod-ath9k
dnsmasq
dropbear
ppp
netifd
ppp-mod-pppoe
uci
libc
uclient-fetch
uboot-envtools
libgcc
odhcpd-ipv6only
iptables
firewall
luci
luci-app-ddns
luci-mod-admin-full
ddns-scripts

It happens when opkg is not installed.

1 Like

I think it could work with Lede. It worked for WR740. There are some custom builds here in the forum, but it needs some external help. You need to create certificates on another machine because of the lack of use of the rsa-tools of OpenVPN. I recommend you to use Wireguard instead of OpenVPN. It is much more powerfull and needs less resources.

Drop PPP-Packages and IPv6 things then there should be hope to squeeze OpenVPN into the 4 MB Flash or just drop Luci in OpenWRT18.XX or Snapshot builds. - I tried this already on an WA801ND Device successfully with Wireguard, Mesh support, qrencode but without Luci.

@aparcar -
it would be grreat to have your imagebuilder have feeds for 18.06.3.
thank you for this trmendous tool for mnay openwrt enthusiasts.

Sorry for the lack of response, I'll work on that.

of course now it’s 18.06.4.
you were smart on avoiding 18.06.3.

Sent using the GMX mail app

Both versions should now be available. :rocket:

1 Like