NordVPN on OpenWrt seems working, but it's not!

Please use the "Preformatted text </>" button for logs, scripts, configs and general console output.
grafik
Please edit your post accordingly. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully that is correct now.

Actually I got my problem fixed. It was not connecting to the NordVPN because the username/password was incorrect.

NordVPN can be made to work fine over WireGuard by the way.

Isn't WireGuard a vpn too. Why use both? An added level of security? From looking at WireGuard info, it makes NordVPN faster?

Not both, WG is usually faster.

2 Likes

Gottcha! Over meaning better. :laughing: Ill check it out. Shouldn't be much different setting up I guess. Will be a good learning experience and that's my goal at this point.

1 Like

You might want to elaborate a bit if you offer otherwise unsolicited judgements. A lot of tools work great for some and less so for other use-cases. Generically declaring something as unfit as you do here, seems like painting with too broad a brush.
To offer something, wireguard will not by itself work over TCP (for good reasons) but some users are forced by circumstances to use TCP, in that case using e.g. OpenVPN will be much more convenient than first creating a TCP tunnel and use that to transfer wireguard UDP packets.
On the other hand wireguard is integrated quite well into the Linux kernel and designed for multithreaded decryption so tends to be more performant than OpenVPN (in conditions when the transfer rate is CPU bound that results in higher throughput).

4 Likes

OK, simple question: how to configure OpenWRT to use WireGuard in NordVPN? I remind you, in Linux they have compiled additional tool.

That, NordVPN with wireguard is hard to configure is quite different an argument then 'wireguard is shit', :wink:
I have not done that myself, but a quick google for 'openwrt nordvpn wireguard' points to OpenWrt forum threads that appear to address the issue. Now, not using NordVPN myself I can not tell how well these threads solve your problem, so did you try that route and did you ask questions in those threads?

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.