I have a ONT NOKIA G-140W-H (192.168.1.X) from my ISP in which I have disabled both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless.
Connected to the NOKIA LAN1 port, I only have a modem/router TP-LINK Archer D7(EU) v1 (192.168.10.X) set to "Router mode only" from which I obtain 2.4GHz wireless and cabled network.
The TP-LINK has LAN1, LAN2, LAN3 and LAN4/WAN ports.
The NOKIA is connected to the LAN4/WAN port of the TP-LINK.
Everything works fine.
Now, into the TP-LINK, I have installed the "openwrt-21.02.0-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-d7-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" via J1 UART with only a desktop connected to the TP-LINK LAN1.
After complete the process, I set the TP-LINK from 192.168.1.X to 192.168.10.X to avoid conflict and connected the cable from the NOKIA to the TP-LINK LAN4/WAN.
The TP-LINK WAN did not received an IPv4 from the NOKIA.
I have upgraded the TP-LINK with the "openwrt-22.03.3-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-d7-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade" via LUcI but the problem persisted.
Interesting fact: if I turn on the NOKIA wireless I can connect the TP-LINK to it and use my desktop with the cable connected to the TP-LINK LAN1. This way, internet works fine. But i want a cable connection between NOKIA and TP-LINK.
Then, I restored the TP-LINK original firmware removing the U-Boot and the Broadcom image part from the ".bin" file and checked the ".mod" file size. I didn't kept the settings and forced the update.
Currently, the TP-LINK is running its original firmware, but, for my surprise, it has all the config (mac filtering, wireless newtwork) from before the openwrt installation. It seems like the openwrt did not wipe the original data from the router.
- Is this normal? Why openwrt did not wipe the original TP-LINK config?
- What can cause the WAN IPv4 problem when I have installed the openwrt?
- Why the archer d7 page (https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_d7) didn't mention the Current Stable Release - OpenWrt 22.03.3 for the Archer D7?
- The fact that i didn't install the "kernel openwrt" first and then use the "sysupgrade openwrt" has something to do with the WAN IPv4 problem?
- Should i do it (https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_d7#initramfs_instructions_under_u-boot_for_testing_using_uart) in the first case?
Sorry for the long explanation/questions.