Hey ya OpenWRT masters,
I'm on OpenWrt R20.4.8 / LuCI Master (git-20.117.60969-420c61a)
What I trying to do:
I'm trying to setup a LACP (802.11ad) based link aggregation from my x86 based router down to a LACP supported switch. (It's a L2 switch so there is no DHCP feature enabled).
There are 4 physical ethernet interfaces on my x86 based router so I bonding eth2 and eth3 into this LACP group.
What goes well:
- bonding-bond0 interface going up. (slave eth2 and slave eth3 is happy)
- LACP protocol works good (I saw the package from wireshark)
- an static IP configured via GUI and its good.
- I'm not able to enable DHCP service on the bonding-bond0 interface once I switch the protocol into Link Aggregation mode in GUI
- dnsmasq-dhcp: no address range available for DHCP request via bonding-bond0
- I went to CLI and manually config dhcp for bonding-bond0 interface in /etc/config/dhcp then did a '/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart' and '/etc/init.d/network restart'. After that, the DHCP service totally stop working. dnsmasq is able to start but it just stop assign DHCP to any interface.
config dnsmasq option domainneeded '1' option localise_queries '1' option rebind_protection '1' option rebind_localhost '1' option local '/lan/' option domain 'lan' option expandhosts '1' option authoritative '1' option readethers '1' option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases' option resolvfile '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto' option nonwildcard '1' option localservice '1' option filter_aaaa '1' config dhcp 'lan' option interface 'lan' option limit '150' option leasetime '7d' option start '50' ###Here is the section I added manually config dhcp 'bonding-bond0' option interface 'bonding-bond0' option limit '150' option leasetime '7d' option start '50' config dhcp 'wan' option interface 'wan' option ignore '1' config srvhost option srv '_vlmcs._tcp' option target 'OpenWrt' option port '1688' option class '0' option weight '100'
Not sure if this is by design but I wanted to have DHCP enable on bonding interface which will keep my device connected with the L2 switch happy.
Tried to search and read every thread/discussion related but no interesting finding, sounds like I'm the first one
Any idea/tips are appreciated.