Newbie trying to use imagebuilder

So im new to openwrt and linux in general i must say.
Im trying to understand the process, but i cant even install the dependencies, im following https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/beginners-build-guide, and after step 1 i go to https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/imagebuilder i dont know if thats correct?

But i cant run the recommended "apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk git gettext libssl-dev xsltproc wget unzip python".

Im getting:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
libc-dev
Depends: g++ (>= 4:6.3) but it is not going to be installed
gettext : Depends: libncurses5 (>= 6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libtinfo5 (>= 6) but it is not going to be installed
libncurses5-dev : Depends: libtinfo5 (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libncurses5 (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libtinfo-dev (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
libc-dev
libncursesw5-dev : Depends: libtinfo5 (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libncursesw5 (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libtinfo-dev (= 6.0+20161126-1+deb9u2) but it is not going to be installed
libc-dev
zlib1g-dev : Depends: zlib1g (= 1:1.2.8.dfsg-5) but 1:1.2.11.dfsg-1 is to be installed
libc-dev
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Like i said, new to linux soooo.

I dont even think i need to do this but its fun and learn i guess. I have not got my hardware yet for the upcoming openwrt installation so im just trying to learn and be more ready.
The hardware will be normal x86_64, qotom Q570G6 so hopefully it will just work with latest stable x86_64 firmware, time will tell.

But anyway i can fix this?

Thanks

So i just had to enable main repository :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.