New Xiaomi router AC2100

You have a necessary experience and maybe you could modify the installation guide?

Hey,
I know this is a bit off topic but how did you extract the ax3600 image? I binwalk it until I get a file 2AC.ubi and when I try to extract it, it just fails saying the offset is bigger than the file.
Any pointers?

Hi all,
I followed tuto from impulse in order to upgrade my new redmi AC2100 (White) last week.
It worked fine.
I tried tonight to upgrade it with opewrt snapshot upgrade, but it failed.
My routeur is trying to boot et reboot.
I tried to restore stock firmware, but the miwifirepairtool seem to don't work. Or I make somthing wrong.
i plugged a usb to ttl on the router and my console show me this when kernel is starting :

[    5.868293] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unkno                                                                                                                                                             wn-block(0,0)
[    5.876553] Rebooting in 1 seconds..

have you an idea to unbrick this please ?

thanks a lot, and sorry for my english.

If you have breed installed, make sure you boot from kernel1.
You can ssh breed and send these commands:

env set autoboot.command "boot flash 0x600000"
env save

Thanks for your reply. How can i be sure my router Is Booting on Kernel1 ?

You can be sure with using this commands :

We still need volunteers which still at official firmware. We need to test some MAC stuff. If you are still at official please reach me.

What you will do. You need to get telnet access and report some stuff to us. If you wanna help to improove support for Xiaomi AC2100 family send me PM. Thanks.

Thx, I'll try this, but in order to ssh the router, I'll need an ip address, and the router keep his ip address only around 5 seconds.
For your information on the serial console I see a menu appearing which offers
1 ... .TFTP
2 ....

And the default is 2

Do you have breed installed?
Any way if you are in boot loop you will have to boot bootloader by disconnecting the power, and reconnecting it while holding the reset button. Keep holding reset for 3-4 seconds after powering the router. If it boots bootloader and you have breed, the router address will be 192.168.1.1 and you can access it with web and ssh. You can use this post from Russian 4pda forum to flash firmware and change the boot sector. The pictures describe the process.
I usually use putty client to access ssh.

thank you for these details, I will test this tonight, and give you feedback

Hello,
Can you reupload the ubifs for ax3600?
I tried to extract it but it didn't work for me (after I extracted the ubifs from the bin file)

I think you should ask this at AX3600 topic. Someone will help you.

Please clarify, do you have a guide in English to install Breed on Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100? In Russian forum 4pda is unfortunately proposed unsafe file 键开启telnet.bat to install Breed.

First of all, thank you very much for your work! I have been following the thread since the output of the Xiaomi AC2100 (black cylinder). I finally have OpenWrt!

I am a new user in this, I have been investigating but I do not understand once openwrt is installed ... how is its firmware updated? From the web I do not understand it, nor do I know what target I have. How do I look at your target? How do I update it?

Also I wanted to install luci-app-qsm but not leave me due to incompatibility with the kernel, any option? I'm interested in games. Thank you! I hope to see myself explained well.

why you still need it? You can just get ssh access and do what you want!

Yes I still want it,
I just want to poke around in it, but I didn't manage to extract it.

I could ssh into the router directly, but I would like to have the Kali linux tools to look into it better.

Hi,u can use ubi_reader to extract the ubi format images

Yes,
That's exactly what I used and it says it can't do it because the end offset is larger than the file size. or something along those lines.

English instructions for breed installation on R2100 or AC2100.
Following this instructions probably will void warranty. I hold no responsibility if it goes wrong and you brick your device.

The file used is the one for Xiaomi Router 3G, it works well on R2100 and AC2100

Get ssh or telnet access. You can use provided guide. If you have DD-DWT or OpenWRT installed just connect with terminal.
type in the following commands:

cd /tmp
wget --no-check-certificate https://breed.hackpascal.net/breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin
mtd write /tmp/breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin Bootloader

You can verify the MD5 if you wish before the mtd write with:
md5sum /tmp/breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin
if the "--no-check-certificate" doesn't work for you, remove it from the command.

If you have DD-WRT like Padavan installed, use
mtd_write write /tmp/breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin Bootloader
or
mtd_write2 write /tmp/breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin Bootloader
instead of regular mtd

After flashing breed you have to boot to breed and set it to boot kernel1 partition.
Otherwise the router will boot loop. You can still enter breed when it's in boot loop.
To enter breed do the following: Pull power out. Press reset button, and while pressing - reconnect back the power connector. Keep pressing 3-4 more seconds. Access breed at 192.168.1.1.
Type the following in to the breed terminal:

env set autoboot.command "boot flash 0x600000"
env save

or set it in GUI.

1 Like

It seems that I can't. It doesn't accept my password, and not letting me register new user. Tried several times during the day...