New Xiaomi router AC2100

Don't worry, I'm testing
Yes, I have seen model R2100. What is curiouse is description model name.
On the other hand, how can I upgrade system without loosing anything? I have read emirefek post and I don't know what I have to do now

Assuming the identifier won't change anymore you can just upgrade via webgui and choose to keep settings. Elsewise there are backup/restore commands sysupgrade --help

Haha alright. I will compile 19.07.3 branch this weekend and hope I don't brick something : ' ).

But if I want to upgrade firmware, can I do it with webgui?

Sorry for many questions
Thanks

If you are on 19.07 yes.
If you are on 5.xx kernel no.

Сan you also update the guide for Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100?

Not the author of this guide nor I own the device. I think the bridging process is identical with the R2100 so just use the Redmi images instead of the ones provided in my repo.

1 Like

what is the difference between openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mi-router-ac2100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_r2100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin?

which file should I use to flash R2100 (black cilinder)?

thanks

You should use in folder which called with latest date.

Hint: mi-router :slight_smile:

@anon98223980 everyone has right to edit wiki page. And if you have free time. You can free to improve guides. This will help us a lot.

1 Like

Device xiaomi,r2100 not supported by this image Supported devices: xiaomi,mi-router-ac2100 Image check failed.

Should I force upgrade?

Yeap. Go for it. Don't forget to check save data/configs. If you are already 19.07

Thanks, it worked

But Internet led is not working now

Go System>LED Configr.
Please change r2100:led:xxx --to--> mi-router:led:xxxx
You should chosse correct suffix. for leds.

We need to upgrade installation guide for Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100 and you have
certain experience on this field. Would you so kind as to do this? I understand how
it is complicated not having Redmi but other user can also edit your guide?

I don't know, I tried to install pptp but I got an error that the kernel version does not match. I also started the upgrade with opkg upgrade. After this procedure, the router worked properly - pptp failed to install :slight_smile: and after reboot it did not stand up anymore.

I installed the image from the guide https://github.com/impulse/ac2100-openwrt-guide

There was also a set bootdelay = 5 entry but somehow he didn't remember the settings.

As the router did not start, I entered the protected mode Ctrl + C and started to view the settings, check the logs but nothing showed, which causes the system to stop loading.
I started to remove rootfs but it didn't work either.

Do you have Redmi?

no, "MI" version - cilinder
if I knew that most tutorials and software would be for Redmi, I would choose this version

Was anyone able to benchmark 5GHz to see if 4:4 MU-MIMO 80MHz stuff works as it should?
This router as potential to become new Archer C7: cheap & capable OpenWRT router for the masses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I tried using the procedure at this link to install openwrt on my black ac2100, but I'm getting stuck when using netcat: the connection which should appear on the netcat window when sending a packet using "python3 pppd-cve.py" doesn't appear at all. What should I do?

P.S. I'm using macOS Catalina 10.15.5 with both ethernet connection to the ac2100 and wifi to the internet.

Thanks in advance

P.P.S.
Note: In pppd-cve.py terminal output I obtain:

src: mac address of Xiaomi Mi AC2100 (Black Cylinder)
dst: mac address of "en7" eth interface (plugged at one of the Mac Pro thunderbolt port).

But it shouldn't be the first one instead of the second one and vice versa? So strange...

Last: my "en7" interface has got 8963 as flags instead of 8863. Is it important?

I don't know much. I did understand that your computer is the PPOE server (with the LAN and WAN bridged with patch cable). So that is probably OK. I had to disable 3 firewalls for it to work, one embedded (my pc runs windows), one installed, and one the antivirus provided without asking me first. Then all worked great. Had to run the patch about 3 times before I could establish telnet, the hack holds only short random time. Also it's not enough noted in the guide, you must configure the Ethernet adapter to static IP 192.168.31.177, mask 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.31.1. Other values will probably not work. I had to factory reset the router first before running the guide. (Hold reset button for 10 seconds until the led blinks, then cycle power, set new password (12345678) and reboot again.)
Hope some of it helps.

1 Like