New Xiaomi router AC2100

From which version did you try to sysupgrade? If you're unsure which way to go you should always try it with mtd write - as that will work always :slight_smile:

I guess your problem (router brick) was caused by incompatible configuration files which were taken over during the sysupgrade - that won't ever happen if you use mtd write.

Just to summarize the difference between OpenWRT mtd write and stock mtd write:

on OpenWRT:
mtd write kernel1.bin kernel
mtd -r write rootfs0.bin ubi

on stock:
mtd write kernel1.bin kernel1
mtd -r write rootfs0.bin rootfs0

I've just added the stock recovery tool including stock images to the Google Drive share. If you need help just tell us.

As already mentioned in this thread there is also a very easy to follow instruction set for unbricking the router: Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion (just don't use the image file which is mentioned in there as that is for another router model - everything else is the same).

An alternative how to do it without the stock recovery tool is described in the official guide. That's a little bit more complicated in comparison to using the tool as the alternative way requires a DHCP server. If you want to take it easy you should use the miwifiRepairTool.

Credits for the black cylinder backport go to @emirefek. I only adjusted and fixed a few things but the major work was done by him - including testing my fixes.

1 Like