Network connection not working after installing OpenWrt

Factory reset, run this code snippet to change the lan IP

uci set network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.5.1'
uci commit
ifup lan

and then connect from wan to the upstream router. Verify that it works, lan hosts can connect to the internet. If it doesn't post the following:

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/* ; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*

Okay some how i tried factory reseting one Last time and some how worked the router setup evrything by defalt the only thing i cant get to work is the wwan

(and i need that bc i have a setup where router from another isp wich is in my neighbors, and has set up to exclude my mac address in to the neighbors isp and it work while im conecting from my pc i can get to the isp network and have internet and i want the client to be the router, if sombodey can give me a step by step tutorial where i get a wwan to work with a sepparete wwan firewall zone it will be great)

And somthing i will want to do is setup 2ports from the one isp and 2 from the another with vlan tags i think is what i need but idk how to set it up corectly without breacing evrything like the last times

If you want the equivalent of two routers working in parallel in one box, you need either policy based routing or manually set up multiple routing tables.

1 Like

I want just to be able to have some what relible conection and that for the 2 by 2 if is too complicated i will probably skip it xD
But is good to know how to do it

You need to do uplink failover (or load balancing) and you'd need mwan3 package.

Okay but how to set it up in a way that wwan can be used as upstream i managed to do it when i disconected the network cable from the wan and it become the wwan but i did not have acsess to internet is there somthing that im mising i replicated the wan port setup but for the wwan

Is this the main router or the secondary one? Forget the secondary router for now until you understand how WAN connections work. In the default setting where wan is a DHCP client and wwan was set up using the Join button on the wireless scan page, it will just work. This is mostly because as DHCP clients, wan loses its IP address with no cable connected, and similarly wwan loses its IP if the wifi link is disabled or down. If you set a static IP on wan (not recommended) then it will conflict with wwan while the cable is unplugged.

I alredy made that mistake and learned that, the solutions was to just tell the dhcp server to set static ip

But for the wwan conection if i leave it to make it by the button it will not work for me becuse i need it to be in a separte firewall zone somthing thats not done automaticly by the buton

And as i mentioned i will use it with two internet service providers so i really need to sepparete them and if posible to vlan tag the ports in a way that 1,2 ports are for the furst isp,and the 3,4 are for the second with bouth having acsess to the router settings and open wrt dashboard, but not enabling them to mesh with one another

With the Isp router2 having the abilty to copletly redirect my router mac adress to the isp2 network and is like its directly conected to the isp2 network

I found this Problem setting up 2 ISPs with respective WLAN for each one
but there the second wan is wired

You need to do Policy Based Routing and you have 3 options:

1. mwan3 package
  2. pbr package
  3. a set of rules/routes for each internet connection.
    The other thing is to split the lan ports into two interfaces.
    But you won't be able to achieve these things with a 4/32 device, nor with 18.06 fw.

After i bricked the TL-WR740N (at least i was thinking i bricked it) I boght a Archer A5 wich is much better but i cant find a version of openwrt that is recent for that device the only thing i find it will probably be compatqble is the Archer C50 but its latest version is 19 and there will be not much difrence i think

You have a tendency to go for the low end models and eventually you'll be complaining why your connection is slow.

I know i know but with the 85mbs conection i have from the isp2 the 100mb routers are good enough for me at this point

And the Archer A5 is version 4 and im not sure if it will work with v5 firmware

I can reflash the 1isp router bc i have garantend access to the lock down dashboard but there is nothing for openwrt on that router wich is the (Nokia G-140W-C / GPON Home Gateway) no openwrt for it ig, and im not sure if do flash i may need to ask them to give me new one bc it has a lot of isp settings on it like 2vlan one for the stb they have and one for network but no seetings for port brige bc some how that router routs trafic trou all ports and the stb s just req to be on the vlan even if i have a switch afther the router still the stbs get a vlan in the Isp1 nat and the network from the switch is still normal

With single core CPU clocked at 580MHz, it's a question if you'll be able to achieve the 85Mbps.

My (TL-WR740N) gets 85mbs without a problem, what do you mean the one that i test right now is the (Archer A5) and i get like 700/800mb/s in my local network using the 5ghz network in wds mode :smile: the only draw back is that the wired conection only output 100mb/s of my router but its not big deal

I'm saying that the thoughput you see is achievable with stock firmware and proprietary hardware offloads, which are not available in OpenWrt.
And I am referring to lan->wan traffic, which is routed and NATed. Local network is bridged, so the CPU is not stressed.

That is true, but how much will web trafic stress the cpu i mean the entire porpuce is to be able to hook 1 or 2 servers that host only things like portainer, some websites and etc trought the isp2 link

And the 2x2 on the 4port switch is to know from what isp evrithing is conected bc as metonied my home neads to have a public ip (ssh port brige with a vps on the cloud is not an option)

The other option i can think of is that the (TL-WR740N) or the (Archer A5) to be come only a router for the isp2 link but then i need to switch networks to manage it and open ports and its crap

You can search the forum for relevant questions, as it has been discussed quite a lot.
For example here and the dedicated subforum
You can get decent routers with better CPU and ram at a normal price and be able to use them with even faster connections.

Okay but no body awsered any of my main questions

How i can get wwan to work with separte firewall zone?

How to bridge the ports in 2x2 configuration on the bilt in switch?

Is the router isp that i have support openwrt? (nokia g-140w-c)

Nobody give any sort of tutorial how to do the furst 2 things

Post the output of this device. I am a bit lost which device is running OpenWrt right now,
ubus call system board; uci export network; uci export firewall

Nope.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.