Netgear WAX206 vs Xiaomi AX3600

This is the most significant reason that I keep feeling compelled to pull the trigger on getting a WAX206. I feel really strongly about supporting MediaTek (as a chipset vendor to other hardware brands) as a monetary "thank you" for being sane and open to the FOSS community. I know the developer of whom you're referring (not sure if we're trying not to mention his name?) and he has been very receptive to some additional MT76 & MT79 troubleshooting that @Brain2000 and I have been working on.

I have loved to see the success of the Linksys E8450 and Belkin RT3200 (of which I own four units presently). I think it's important for the OpenWrt community to really consider what it means to have a chipset manufacturer like MediaTek looking favorably on us. And extending our appreciation to them by purchasing products with their chipsets [hopefully] also extends a positive course with the manufacturers like Netgear, Linksys, Belkin, and others to keep that relationship with MediaTek alive and going.

With that said, I think I have affirmed to myself that the WAX206 is going to be the next WAP I try out. :slight_smile:

On second look, the WAX206 seems to be nearly identical to the RT3200, save for the 2.5Gbps WAN port and different (better?) antenna pattern.

WAX206: OpenWrt support for WAX206 - #6 by Siedrosat
RT3200: Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 WiFi AX discussion - #23 by andyrichardson

Anything I'm missing?

1 Like