I switched off 802.11r, to see if its better, its not really better the STA does not get disconnected, but is unable to reach the internet for a while.
But I noticed this just after i changed the setting:
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: interface state DFS->ENABLED
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-ENABLED
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 kern.info kernel: [71416.682067] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0-2: link becomes ready
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan0' link is up
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan0-1' link is up
Mon Jul 6 15:42:30 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan0-2' link is up
Mon Jul 6 15:44:14 2020 daemon.err hostapd: nl80211: NL80211_ATTR_STA_VLAN (addr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx ifname=wlan1-2 vlan_id=0) failed: -2 (No such file or directory)
Several users have reported issues with virtual inferfaces. Turn off the virtual and run just one SSID per radio frequency. For simplicity I would use a different SSID per radio frequency and see what your results are.
I found a mistake in the lan bridging which may have caused some of the issues I had. I am now running the latest master now with 802.11k and v enabled, but without 802.11r (I guess something is not implemented right with VLANs). The result is that the roaming is now really smooth. So im going to leave it like this for now (until the vlan 802.11r things get cleared up).
I'm planning to push tsens support for ipq806x upstream and I'm testing some thing... I notice that there is an upstream driver that is almost identical to ours... So i'm asking here @hnyman how can i check if values output by this driver are correct?
Thx for the data.
I can notice that the (i don't know why) unused 9860 driver in the upstream kernel is more or less a 1:1 copy of our driver and vary only of some part that are not supported upstream... (the configurable trip point)
The output I got was from using this not used driver...
I'm searching some reason to not use this driver and propose our custom one.
From what i can see i think driver 9860 and ipq806x use the same tsens version or actually they are just the same driver and one of them made to the upstream kernel.
It would not be anything new for QCA SoC-s of the same generation to share a lot of stuff, specially power and thermal management, basic peripherals etc.
Sometimes its identical and sometimes with minor changes.
From the thread i can read that msm8960 ipq8064 and apq8064 are all twins... So i think i will follow this path and just propose the ipq8064 support using the msm8960 driver. (and also add some code so we can remove the hack we use to make the driver use the gcc regs)
Agreed, those are too aggressive: it makes sense to just use the performance governor and forget about it. But the main point there is the frequencies: the hw does not take some of the combinations well. schedutil does not have so many nobs to turn, so might not work well but I never tested.
I’ve been trying this combo for a little while. Little more aggressive, irqbalance enabled, global packet steering enabled, averaging 97% of the time at 800mhz with light home usage... the interrupts seem pretty balanced (If it doesn’t make sense / is stupid I’m open to feedback).
root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 5.4.50 #0 SMP Thu Jul 9 11:01:20 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/rc.local
# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.
echo 800000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 800000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 20 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
echo 60 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor
echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/br-lan/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus
echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/eth0.2/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/eth1.1/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus
echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/ifb4eth0.2/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/lo/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus
That was my main router (wifi turned off). Not sure if splitting it by irq or how I did is better. This what it looks like on a r7800 AP with the same settings (goal was to split the work- wifi from other functions):